Old 7 May 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Washington DC May 2017 - Just the two of us

Hi,

This is my first attempt at an index so I hope it works!

Sorry on the iPad, whilst I can post a link it is not allowing me to edit the name, I will go back and do them when I have a real computer.
I will add the days as I write them which will hopefully be as we go.

Pre-trippie

The day before travel

Travel Day Part 1

Travel Day Part 2

Day 1 The Air and Space museum and the US National Holocaust Museum

Day 2 Police Competition, Botanic Gardens and Air and Space Museum

Day 3 The Pentagon and the Basilica

Day 4 The White House and The Memorials Part 1

Day 5 The Capitol Building and The Library of Congress

Day 6 The Memorials part 2

Day 7 - The boring one

Day 8 - Arlington Cemetery

Edited at 02:35 PM. Reason: To add days
sueandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Looking forward to it.

We did Washington a few years back and loved it. Really nice City with plenty to do.

Recommend Georgetown which we loved and the Holocaust museum, very thought provoking.

Disney332
Old 9 May 17, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Following with interest. Hope you both have a lovely time.

We'll be in Washington for 4 nights in the summer and have planned to apply for the Pentagon and Capitol Building tours. It's a shame the White House tour isn't available at the moment but understandable with security.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Love Washington D C - so much to see. There is a great segway trip you can do. Whilst they will let you visit the Capital building, you can't visit the White House (because we are "aliens".) Hope you visit Georgetown too - the original settlement. Arlington (the town) is a neat little place.

Edited at 10:42 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Just found your trippie and I'm looking forward to reading your experience, we've booked 7 days in Washington for this August
1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miss_bell View Post
Just found your trippie and I'm looking forward to reading your experience, we've booked 7 days in Washington for this August
We'll be there the same time as you! Looks like we're flying on the same day but we're in NYC for a few days before getting the train to DC.

I hope it's not too hot We've got Pentagon and Capitol Building tours booked as well. I'm finding this trip report really useful - thanks Sueandco.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
We'll be there the same time as you! Looks like we're flying on the same day but we're in NYC for a few days before getting the train to DC.

I hope it's not too hot We've got Pentagon and Capitol Building tours booked as well. I'm finding this trip report really useful - thanks Sueandco.
Make sure you don't miss the Pentagon memorial, very moving. The benches facing in are the people on the plane, the ones facing out are the one killed in the building, there're arranged by age from youngest to oldest.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Make sure you don't miss the Pentagon memorial, very moving. The benches facing in are the people on the plane, the ones facing out are the one killed in the building, there're arranged by age from youngest to oldest.
Thank you. I've added it to our itinerary for after the Pentagon tour.
Old 5 Jun 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post

In August it will be hot, you'll need to keep hydrated but bear in mind some places especially the Pentagon won't allow you to take bottled water in although the museums do.