Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Oct 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Wise words. This is where the like facility can be divisive. At the end of the day it’s about choices : whether to engage with individuals or threads or not. Life’s difficult enough without being drawn into different opinions on often irrelevant subject matter. Your last two points are very valid.
Ultimately, most of us are here because we have a mutual love for jumping on planes and flying West to have fabulous holidays with those we hold dear.

...and we all want to be doing that again just as soon as we possibly can.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Ultimately, most of us are here because we have a mutual love for jumping on planes and flying West to have fabulous holidays with those we hold dear.

...and we all want to be doing that again just as soon as we possibly can.
Hallelujah!

And yes, I try to be jolly and nice to everyone and pay a compliment here and there, as it might just be what someone needs right now I also pride myself on my manners and always say even 'little things' like please and thankyou go a heck of a long way, in these times and as the norm.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
There's a lot of "playing the man not the ball" on here, which is very sad to see.

I could post the very best vaccine news possible and there's a certain group of people who couldn't possibly bring themselves to give it a thumbs up. Anyone else posting the same will receive a flood of thumbs and effusive replies.

I'm able to recognise that whilst I may disagree with someone on one point, I can agree on many others.

We have far more in common than that which divides us.
I get all my covid information from the current issues board and I appreciate the time and effort dibbers take to keep us updated.
When things get a bit aerated I do want to point out the powers that be aren't consulting the dibb before they make the decisions. But then again who knows
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Do you not think we all need to laugh about things more?
Try to be kinder?
To forgive?
None of us are perfect.
People take offence to the slightest thing, it's not healthy, there's enough to deal with at the moment in this stinking world 😢
I agree, but judging by the replies, its seems yet again, all we can talk about and are obsessed with is Covid.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I am making no excuses and know sometimes it's easy for me to read something and not get the way the poster meant and I am actually trying very hard to say nothing or say something nice and helpful.

This week I have missed MHs humour and banter, I need that to get me through though I understand others who dont.

You are right we need humour, being light hearted and a bit of enjoyment.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
This week I have missed MHs humour and banter, I need that to get me through though I understand others who dont.

Same!

Even on days when I don't get time to post, I enjoy reading about what issues he has with the 'elderly' that day or what Costa inspired issue he's battling with.

Puts a smile on my face.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Same!

Even on days when I don't get time to post, I enjoy reading about what issues he has with the 'elderly' that day or what Costa inspired issue he's battling with.

Puts a smile on my face.
He is really battling at the minute. He had a medical “intervention” earlier in the week and now he is resting and recovering
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
He is really battling at the minute. He had a medical “intervention” earlier in the week and now he is resting and recovering
Sending him love and hugs ❤️
Old 24 Oct 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Oh bless him, please send him my best wishes, and those of the elderly.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Oh bless him, please send him my best wishes, and those of the elderly.
Oh don’t get too concerned. It was only the flu jab but he decided before he even had it that he would have to have a rest from the kitchen fitting.
Apparently it’s played havoc with his male menopause

Edited at 02:34 PM.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List