Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Nov 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Noticed damage on the car hire

When we came out of a parking lot yesterday I noticed the engine undertray hanging down at the corner near the wheel, looked like a previous failed repair as there were zip ties rather than original clips.
Wasnt overly worried but thought I would contact alamo via email to let them know my findings as i didnt want them to think I had damaged it by going off road as I think they can bill you for that.
I received an email back to say they want to replace the car and will bring it to my hotel at 8am this morning for the swop over.
Pretty good service. I will post what they replace it with later
2017 All Stars Movies
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetums
VIP Dibber

that's not bad, we had similar with trim under the door hanging off, it had been sticking out and caught when the kids were getting out of the car, similar issue where it had previously been fixed / bodged. Avis apologised, provided a $50 discount on the spot for our next rental (we won't use as we are usually fly drive.) and took the car out of service for auction immediately. Contrast that with over here, where we noticed there was a slow puncture on a vehicle we had hired. the guy behind the counter said not to worry about it, he would check it in the next morning (we were returning it early) and he would say it had happened during the time it had been in the car park awaiting check in so I wouldn't get charged for the damaged tire... ≈≈≈!? AVIS UK
2016 Shamu Sanctuary Dibb Villa WDW - 2017 DLP
2018 CBR WDW Halloween 2019 West Coast trip
2019 CBR WDW December
2022 CBR WDW December
Sweetums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sweetums View Post
that's not bad, we had similar with trim under the door hanging off, it had been sticking out and caught when the kids were getting out of the car, similar issue where it had previously been fixed / bodged. Avis apologised, provided a $50 discount on the spot for our next rental (we won't use as we are usually fly drive.) and took the car out of service for auction immediately. Contrast that with over here, where we noticed there was a slow puncture on a vehicle we had hired. the guy behind the counter said not to worry about it, he would check it in the next morning (we were returning it early) and he would say it had happened during the time it had been in the car park awaiting check in so I wouldn't get charged for the damaged tire... ≈≈≈!? AVIS UK
They auctioned the car off rather than repair it?

Seriously tho great service!
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well we waited from 8am til 8:50 and no sign of rep with the car so emailed them to tell of my missed plans and my wasted time
At 9:30 I received an email with an apology and was told I could have any car for remainder of holiday plus a refund on original car

I asked for a dodge challenger which may or may not arrive tomorrow.
Sod the parks I'm going burning rubber 😂

Better be a v8 hemi
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
highgates
Gone all Goofy

Fingers crossed for the Challenger R/T
I feel your excitement ,lol

Enjoy rest of the holiday
highgates is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List