Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jun 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sarah4dogs
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Our sons school isnt offering the study sessions either, and he has done little at home, very frustrating! Cant put an old head on young shoulders... he seems very chilled about it all!
Good luck to everyones children today x

This is us! Sooo chilled.

Or lazy?

I know he will do well (naturally clever - gets it from me) but he doesn’t have the desire/drive to do ‘better’.

What can you do eh?!

sarah4dogs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

English verdict is in and he’s very happy. Said question 5 in particular was great. He scored it 9/10 so very happy with that as it’s a tricky one to revise for really.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leanne1977 View Post
English verdict is in and he’s very happy. Said question 5 in particular was great. He scored it 9/10 so very happy with that as it’s a tricky one to revise for really.
That’s good news! Haven’t heard from DS yet but he has another exam this afternoon and doesn’t seem to know how to use the text function on his phone 🙄
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

And finally my daughter feels that an exam went quite well (English)!

It’s so lovely to see her happy for a change as normally she comes out of the exams sobbing

She just popped home and is very hyped up and can’t wait for the Music exam this afternoon

Hope everyone else’s went well today

Edie
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

My DS said English language wasn’t too bad. He is borderline for passing in mocks but he said it went much better than he expected and question 5 was good. Fingers crossed he’s got over the pass threshold.
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

My DS has given the thumbs up for English and History, thank god, his 14 year old DS is another kettle of fish, came home with 22 percent for her yearly maths exam yesterday... she cannot be bothered with school drives me potty :-(
Old 4 Jun 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Haven’t heard about English but business this morning wasn’t so good - I am actually thinking we may need a back up plan now incase 6th form doesn’t happen . He may have to apply for college this week , hope I am being pessimistic but business was a class he was in high achievers for so if that’s gone badly I am dreading the rest of the results.
Old 4 Jun 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sarah4dogs View Post
I wish our school did any of this. My son is home alllll the time doing Very little revision

I had a panic last night when I saw how many had History as we hadn’t gone to a history exam. Finally braved logging onto the parent portal this morning to check and it’s not on his timetable. (I had written all the exams onto our family calendar and thought maybe I’d missed it, felt so guilty as it’s his A level choice too. Spent all night convinced I’d ruined his life!).

Good luck today. We have Eng Lang and Business Studies xx
Since returning from Easter my daughter's school abandoned her normal timetable and set up a revision timetable for every week of exams so in school normal time every day until her last exam.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
Haven’t heard about English but business this morning wasn’t so good - I am actually thinking we may need a back up plan now incase 6th form doesn’t happen . He may have to apply for college this week , hope I am being pessimistic but business was a class he was in high achievers for so if that’s gone badly I am dreading the rest of the results.
My DS had business this afternoon and he said it was horrible, it was his strongest subject as well
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by sarah4dogs View Post
I wish our school did any of this. My son is home alllll the time doing Very little revision

I had a panic last night when I saw how many had History as we hadn’t gone to a history exam. Finally braved logging onto the parent portal this morning to check and it’s not on his timetable. (I had written all the exams onto our family calendar and thought maybe I’d missed it, felt so guilty as it’s his A level choice too. Spent all night convinced I’d ruined his life!).

Good luck today. We have Eng Lang and Business Studies xx
Is he doing IGCSE for history as they are different days?

English seems to have been ok today though both said they wished they had more time, I said it was good they had so much to say!