Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jun 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Claire020877
Gone all Goofy

We've got history and maths tomorrow, chemistry Wednesday then physics Friday - so can' wait until they are over!

Then we can focus on Florida count down!

It's been such a stressful time (more for me than dd lol)
Claire020877 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Hurrah - last week for DS.
Two on Wednesday, one Thurs and last two on Friday.

I have already stated that I am booking a month in Orlando in 2 years time for A level period.
ON. MY. OWN.

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Slightly late to the party here lol
I have twin boys doing GCSEs .. they have 2 tomorrow, 1 Wednesday and 1 Friday .. im sure one has a further maths one next week as well ( I think.. yep bad mam)

I don't know about yous but I feel like I have been more stressed than them .. they are just rolling with it.

mind they arnt happy as they still have to attend school during normal school hours + revision sessions even though some of there friend from different schools have broken up bar exams

I keep thinking roll on the gin chink chink
Old 10 Jun 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

The end is in sight! It’s actually gone really quickly I think. No exams here today but Maths tomorrow, Chemistry and two German exams on Weds, Geography Thurs, Physics Fri and then German again on Monday. Then all done! 😃👍🏻

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Daughter had full 5, hours of revision for maths today and theyve told her what to revise tonight! Her head is battered, she's been revising maths all weekend. She got exams 4 mornings this week. She also been told that even though the last exam is Friday they are probably not going to be leaving Friday but end of july like the rest of the school! Yr10s have been told they are moving into yr11 next week! Yr6 are joining the school last 2 weeks of July as well. Some of the kids have been told they need to cancel their holidays due to not leaving. Communication is not working at the mo. How are they going to keep them occupied friday never mind until end of term. My daughter did say that as of last Friday in June yr11 legally leave. They asked her how she would know that, she said my mam works in a secondary school and her yr11 have to go by then. They told her she is wrong. Her answer- whatever! She never speaks to them like that. I just said for her to see what is happening and then we'll ring Friday ourselves.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Four more for my son with the last on Friday. He's been completely chilled and laid back which is a tad worrying 😬 Like he said he can only do what he's done! A bit more revision wouldn't have gone amiss 😆 He suffers with anxiety so I am secretly relieved he's so laid back.
Old 10 Jun 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
Daughter had full 5, hours of revision for maths today and theyve told her what to revise tonight! Her head is battered, she's been revising maths all weekend. She got exams 4 mornings this week. She also been told that even though the last exam is Friday they are probably not going to be leaving Friday but end of july like the rest of the school! Yr10s have been told they are moving into yr11 next week! Yr6 are joining the school last 2 weeks of July as well. Some of the kids have been told they need to cancel their holidays due to not leaving. Communication is not working at the mo. How are they going to keep them occupied friday never mind until end of term. My daughter did say that as of last Friday in June yr11 legally leave. They asked her how she would know that, she said my mam works in a secondary school and her yr11 have to go by then. They told her she is wrong. Her answer- whatever! She never speaks to them like that. I just said for her to see what is happening and then we'll ring Friday ourselves.
Well that just sounds totally ridiculous! What possible reason could they have to keep them once all the exams are finished? Do you think they are just winding them up? I wouldn’t be sending my child in after the exams are done!

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leanne1977 View Post
Well that just sounds totally ridiculous! What possible reason could they have to keep them once all the exams are finished? Do you think they are just winding them up? I wouldn’t be sending my child in after the exams are done!
If they haven't completed all of their course work to support the exams they they won't get signed off at my DD school and will be kept until they do or term ends.

The last Friday in June is the official school leaving date. This means the school has the DISCRETION to mark students as authorised absent from this date, it is not a date at which they must release students.

They can of course decide they are not releasing them and continue as normal as the school roll does not end until the normal term end. If parents decide not to send them against the schools wishes I can only assume they mark it as unapproved absence.

Does seem a bit harsh for a high school. Some private schools do keep students until the end of their term (which is often before public schools break anyway).

Edited at 05:39 PM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
What about those kids that are doing NCS? That programme starts 24 June as most kids would have finished by then. I have no idea how they would keep their attention and let’s face it what are they going to teach them!

The kids have had enough and ready to leave.
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scottiedogz
Very Serious Dibber

Just 4 left for us, then 2 weeks in Florida to look forward to. I think I have been more stressed than DD. However the most stressful thing is yet to come - PROM!

Miami - June 19, Orlando/Miami Oct 18, Washington DC Dec 17, DLP - Aug 17, Florida road trip - April 17, NY & QM2 Oct 16, Orlando - Nov 15 - Oct 14 - Nov 13 - Med Cruise (yuk - missed Florida) May 12, Washington DC Dec 12, Orlando - April 10, DLP - Dec 10, Orlando & wedding - Nov 08, DLP - Aug 07
scottiedogz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List