Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 2 Sep 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
herby247
Getting Excited

Mobile Horrible Thrifty Experience at MCO

We arrived to collect our prepaid SUV at MCO and two people serving at desk.
One clerk was laughing and joking with the couple in front and saying where you from and have a wonderful holiday.
Our guy...
Me... re the Thrifty email "there's my passport, divers license, credit card and car hire voucher"
Just the credit card and drivers licence will do.
We wait then he's typing away for America, ZERO interaction with us his customer.
Sitting miles away from us with his arms folded, still nothing said, I said is there a problem?
No he replied, starts typing away again (mean time customers arriving next to his colleague are being greeted with hey hi how you doing).
Finally he says you want, toll pass, no, you want, bring back empty, (no I've already paid for full to full), you want roadside insurance, no.
Sign here (like he was TSA asking you to do the 4 fingers).
Go out door's behind you and into the garage on the left, next guest please.
Absolute ignorant ***** I understand we all have crap days but after 9 hour flight, just add to stress and hassle.
herby247 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Sounds perfect - get to desk, get car, get out - the laughing and joking customers were probably other Dibbers, secretly seething at having to make mindless chat and stand for longer than you at the desk when all they want to do is get the car and get out of there .
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Just shows you can’t please all of the people all of the time.
We’ve had everything from the hard sell and over chatty to the more brusque and to the point. I wouldn’t have given it a second though
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
herby247
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Just shows you can’t please all of the people all of the time.
We’ve had everything from the hard sell and over chatty to the more brusque and to the point. I wouldn’t have given it a second though
The speed was excellent and was what I d hoped for, but civility costs **** all 🤔
herby247 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc_Chris
slightly serious Dibber

We had a bad experience at Budget at Seattle airport last year. Once he realised he wouldn't be earning any commission on any extra insurance, his attitude changed - sparking an uneasy conversation between us and culminating in him turning to his colleague stood next to him and remarking 'I wish WE could go to THEIR country and hire a car for what THEY'RE paying here'.

With that DW and me let him have both barrels - and only for the elderly couple being served next to us he'd have got a full Mancunian mouthful 😂
Jul '95: Kissimmee/Keys Oct '96/Oct '97/Aug '05/Oct '07: Kissimmee. May '98: Kissimmee Oct '01: RotondaOct 2012:Kissimmee/Anna Maria IslandSep '14: Davenport/RotondaOct '16: Cape Coral/Spring Hill Sep '17: Kissimmee/Rotonda Oct ‘18: Oregon/California Sep ‘19: Highlands Reserve/Bradenton Feb '22: Sunridge Woods Oct '23: New England Road Trip
Manc_Chris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds perfect to me !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Don't have this with Alamo! Lol. Straight to garage, show your online check in paperwork, pick a car .
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

At Sanford guy asked me if I wanted the toll pass when I told him I was driving on Highway 4 he said I would still need the pass! lucky for me I knew no tolls on Highway 4 and he wasn't happy I knew that.That made him just sort my car out and not try to sell me anything else
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Sounds great to me. After that flight I'd just want to pick up and go, no laughing, joking, hanging around.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by herby247 View Post
The speed was excellent and was what I d hoped for, but civility costs **** all 🤔
Sounds like he was being efficient and straight to the point.

I’d prefer that over mindless chitchat after a long flight (can be avoided if using skip the counter with Alamo).

You mentioned having a long flight, he might have been close to finishing a long shift so processed you quickly and other person just starting. Could have been he’d had a previous customer who was a PITA, could be a variety of reasons so seems a little harsh to call it ‘horrible’.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List