Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Oct 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile ADRS ... really not worth stressing about ...

180 ish days ago I was stressed to the eyeballs about ADRs... we were off site but had a handful of places we wanted to eat ... Sanaa, Tusker House and Raglan Road ... we couldn’t get any of these at 180 days out at the times we wanted but had absolutely no problem getting them closer to the time

Just got home ...

Sanaa was an absolute stand out for us ... Raglan Road and Tusker - both over priced and food/ service relatively poor
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

There is definitely no need to worry about ADRs, I think Dibb can create a bit of unnecessary concern.

It was my booking day recently, the only one I was slightly worried about was an early sitting at California Grill brunch. I got it and just checked again now and it is still available.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It does depend on how many are in your party, when we travel as a couple we have lots of options at short notice but we’ve been as a group of 9 and reservations are important then if you want the more popular places.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I've said several times that I don't understand the stressing over ADRs and fast passes. If people actually think for themselves rather than relying on what people on here say all the time they'll be fine.

Edited at 04:34 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

I have just a few ADR but as they is 7 of us I just booked the ones we really wanted the rest will be booked when we are there as with 2 little ones just want to be go with the flow but have there 3 character breakfasts booked.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Classic case of dibbitus !
Over planning

Iam as guilty as the rest of you by the way (or Used to be)

Edited at 05:58 PM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

In my experience I could get anything I wanted at 180 days out and this remained the case until something like 150 days out when the selection started to decrease.

As I wanted to change my plans after this point I started having to use services like MouseDining.com to snag a few I wanted which where more popular. Obviously the likes of the Beaches and Creame gets harder to book as time goes on.

Really not worth worrying about.

I would say fastpasses are a little more tricky but generally the same. 60 days out you can get pretty much anything you want although not always at the ideal times. But these get much much harder to book the longer you leave it.

Obviously depends when you are going as well as the park is busier on some weeks than others.

Edited at 05:05 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

I agree that ADRs are not worth stressing about. There are so many restaurants to choose from, and so many that have availability on the day that it is not as if you won't be able to find anything. And as you say, plans changes all the time, so ADRs become available all the time too. It can be more tricky if you have specific restaurants you really want to do at specific times, and more tricky if you are trying to ensure you use up dining plan credits, but absolutely not worth stressing over. I agree with other posters that sites like this - whilst amazingly useful) - can sometimes create a real hype or FOMO about things that isn't necessary.

I'm surprised to hear your experience at Raglan Road though. We ate there two weeks ago and our server was one of the standouts of this trip and the food was really good! Shows how much it can vary, even within the same restaurant.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I agree not worth stressing about, it’s just food. We all eat every day. That said. It is harder for larger groups and people travelling at popular times. All things are not equal for either ADRs for FPP. Single FPP if you keep on at the app are pretty easy. Different story for a party of four. Keeping trying is key. I booked a trip at 10 weeks out for me and DD one year. Could not get several things we wanted but got them all apart from Fantasmic dining package by the week before we travelled. Had to check multiple times daily but ended up with Crystal Palace, Cinderella’s Royal Table, Tusker House and Be our Guest all within an hour of my preferred time.
Old 28 Oct 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
fileyboy
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

At the end of the day it is supposed to be a holiday not a regimented route march. Stressing about things before you even get there is not a good start. It never fails to amaze me how people get so wound up about about ADRs as the previous poster said their are hundreds of options and with the exception of a very few couples or small parties can almost always get in on the day be it with a short wait to be seated.
fileyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List