Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Oct 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We used Uber frequently when we were there in September. We were staying on International Drive so can’t give an indication on prices but the online fare estimator is accurate.

We never used Lyft but found many drivers worked for both companies.

Found Uber to be really reliable and we never waited more than 5mins for a ride regardless of where we were or what time it was.
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazfuk
I want to go now!

Hi all depends on time of day and availability and where your staying. Just checked my history from last year when we stayed at Port Orleans. We did a few trips to the outlet and it was anywhere from $9 to $14 one way. We don’t use a car as we mainly stay onsite. Universal was about $18 each way.
Bazfuk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shepherdypie View Post
As the title says we are going next year and we are not having a car.

Anyone used Uber and can give me an idea of return price from Disney hotel to Walmart and Vineland Outlet

Cheers
Try the link below for the Uber fare estimator, hopefully it will work.

uber/us/en/price-estimate/

Also try this link for Lyft.

lyft/rider/fare-estimate
Old 14 Oct 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We paid roughly $25 one way from All Star music to Walmart on Turkey Lake Rd (this was last Nov) Went a couple of times and paid anywhere between $21 and $27 based on traffic and what time of day it was.

Have never hired a car and always use Uber when in FL. As its just myself and my OH, both of us are 26 so car insurance can be quite pricey. And when you compare it to the fact we have never paid £300 in total for our uber use, its a no brainer!

Only ever had one issue with an Uber driver (back in 2017) we were at Walmart and he couldnt find us. When he finally did, he didnt have very nice things to say! Safe to say he received no tip and an awful rating!
Old 14 Oct 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MMCMK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaddon View Post
Get the lyft app but dont set up a log in until you're about to leave for america you get 25% off for your first ten trips the app is much better than uber, readily available.
To be honest we had 4 trips with Lyft and we found the quality of cars a lot lower than Uber..one had a windscreen so smeared it was impossible to see out in the sunlight. She had empty KFC boxes on the front seat and asked us to hold them. Another had a sound like the rear was going to drop off. We even tried their XL version not much better.
That car changed from 11 minutes to 45 minutes after waiting 15 and found it driving away from us.
We are staying with Uber..it is less painful. Albeit paying the extra 25%
Orlando & Club TI [04/14] Villa Clermont[10/13] ClubTI St.Petes [03/13] H.I.Vac Res Orange Lake [10/12] DTree SeaWorld [04/12] MG Lakeside (10/11) Springhill I-Drive&Bahamas (04/11) NY & Philly (12/10) Lake Eve (10/10) West Coast&Mexico Riviera (04/10) Tuscana Suites (04/09) Seralago/Bahamas (10/09) BWL&Bahamas&St. Petes (10/08) BWL&Reedy Creek [Apr08&07&06)
MMCMK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

You use the same app.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

Just back and wanted to give anyone interested in using uber /lyft how it worked out for us.
Only used lyft on this trip because i got $10 dollars free ride when i downloaded and used lyft then got a link for others to use so my son downloaded app and got $5 for him and another $5 for me when he used first time.
We then both added the promo 4$ off 10 rides, so in total had $100 off 20 rides.
We used lyft from MCO to Disney Springs hotel used lyft to and from Disney parks for 2 days. (Galaxy Edge Mainly).
We then moved to international drive for 8 more days again using lyft to the parks (universal ) and shopping outlets,golf,shooting.
And again back to airport last day.
In total we spent £202.34 . This was for 10 days in total and we both found the experience very good and so easy to use.
Before i went i looked at car hire ( i normally drive) this was £193 for 10 days plus the cost of parking at hotel and parks it would have come to £302.
Hope this helps Toddy
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
little poppets
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Keen to look into uber and not hire a car.
4 adults one 5yr old.
Will I need to carry a booster seat everywhere we go ?
Or do they supply?
little poppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MMCMK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi
Uber is a lift share scheme ..so works slightly differently to commercial taxi cabs. The drivers are not necessarily full time. Could be Mums just filling in their days whilst children at school. So be prepared..
I would not think they automatically have booster seats. With 5 of you travelling you would need to upgrade to the UberXL (more than 4 people) when requesting. Always a good idea to download the app before you travel . 1 to ensure you credit card is accepted (a good idea to have 2 methods of payment included)
2. You will get a good idea of your transport costs by mapping out rides before you go. Charges do fluctuate hour by hour when booking. Price increases at busy times on the day.
Hope helps
Orlando & Club TI [04/14] Villa Clermont[10/13] ClubTI St.Petes [03/13] H.I.Vac Res Orange Lake [10/12] DTree SeaWorld [04/12] MG Lakeside (10/11) Springhill I-Drive&Bahamas (04/11) NY & Philly (12/10) Lake Eve (10/10) West Coast&Mexico Riviera (04/10) Tuscana Suites (04/09) Seralago/Bahamas (10/09) BWL&Bahamas&St. Petes (10/08) BWL&Reedy Creek [Apr08&07&06)
MMCMK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rik666
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We got an uber last week on a very stormy night from SeaWorld. There seemed to be an accident on the car park exit, cars everywhere.
Fortunately our driver worked at SeaWorld for 30 years and he basically took us the opposite way out of there, through the SeaWorld entrance. Very fortunate indeed, could've been there for at least an hour.
Rik666 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List