Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 2 Nov 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
MH I think you could be right, I probably need a chocolate eclair or two or a Cadbury’s flake cake. My dd and I bought some in marks in NWP hospital to eat after the orthodontist as she needed soft food, got them home to find out they had custard inside! We both hate custard, so dh and my mil ate them. That’s when things started really going downhill fast, thanks for analysing my problem and helping. I have decided to buy all the tins of biscuits and Chocolates I need in Sainsburys today, just hope I don’t get down and eat them all!
Glad I could be of help. I saw that 2 tins of sweets in asda are only £7! That is really cheap, but admittedly they don't have many in them, and sadly despite me calling them 'tins' they are plastic containers. I so miss the actual real metal tins of sweets we used to get, and I'm sure the sweets tatsed nicer in metal tins than plastic containers.

Sorry I slightly digress, but do you not think that perhaps you might benefit from getting a job, even part time work to get you out the house and give you something else to moan about
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

MH I think you could be right, I probably need a chocolate eclair or two or a Cadbury’s flake cake. My dd and I bought some in marks in NWP hospital to eat after the orthodontist as she needed soft food, got them home to find out they had custard inside! We both hate custard, so dh and my mil ate them. That’s when things started really going downhill fast, thanks for analysing my problem and helping. I have decided to buy all the tins of biscuits and Chocolates I need in Sainsburys today, just hope I don’t get down and eat them all!
If I buy chocolates in advance I have to get my husband to hide them from me so I don’t eat them!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
It's only November 2nd, early days yet. I have a idea of stuff to buy for people and have already started on the tasty iced gingerbread from Lidl, but it still feels a little early to worry about Christmas yet.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mickey House you cheeky G#t, I cannot get a job because I’m not leaving my dog, she needs me. Plus the house would be in a worse state than it currently is, I’m everyone’s slave and general dogs body, PA, nurse, councillor and dh earns enough and doesn’t really do much once he’s home! I’m trying to organise all the family going to Toronto next year and that’s a job in its self!
Old 2 Nov 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I always find watching sappy American christmas films gets me in the holiday spirit 😃.
Old 2 Nov 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I have to buy for 28 people and birthdays, probably why I can’t get into it!
I’m a great fan of lists.

Have you made a list of people to buy for and what you think you’d like to give them ?

Another list of bits and bobs such as wrapping paper, sellotape, cards, stamps, ribbons & bows etc

A Christmas card list ? Divided into ‘post’ and ‘deliver’.

Then make a start, tick a few things off your list and you’ll be up & running.

I must say this is too early for me. I love the Christmas rush from 1 December, although this year I’m in Fla until 25/11 and no doubt will buy a few pressies in the malls 🛍 🎁 🛍 🎁 🛍 🎁
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I’m a great fan of lists.

Have you made a list of people to buy for and what you think you’d like to give them ?

Another list of bits and bobs such as wrapping paper, sellotape, cards, stamps, ribbons & bows etc

A Christmas card list ? Divided into ‘post’ and ‘deliver’.

Then make a start, tick a few things off your list and you’ll be up & running.

I must say this is too early for me. I love the Christmas rush from 1 December, although this year I’m in Fla until 25/11 and no doubt will buy a few pressies in the malls 🛍 🎁 🛍 🎁 🛍 🎁
I have to start in November to get it all done, I write lists to take to the shops and then leave them at home!
Old 2 Nov 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have to buy for 28 people and birthdays, probably why I can’t get into it!
Oh my word!
We have cut back on the amount of people we buy for. This year it’s just parents & our children.

How about watching a Christmas movie? Now Halloween is out of the way ships will hopefully start playing Christmas music that always makes me smile
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mickey House you cheeky G#t, I cannot get a job because I’m not leaving my dog, she needs me. Plus the house would be in a worse state than it currently is, I’m everyone’s slave and general dogs body, PA, nurse, councillor and dh earns enough and doesn’t really do much once he’s home! I’m trying to organise all the family going to Toronto next year and that’s a job in its self!
Hubby earns enough money because he doesn't have any choice, and you have previously mentioned what long hours he works, so what about you doing a part time job in asda at evenings and weekends when you're family are home to doggy sit?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Hubby earns enough money because he doesn't have any choice, and you have previously mentioned what long hours he works, so what about you doing a part time job in asda at evenings and weekends when you're family are home to doggy sit?
Why are you so bothered about me working, my son works at Asda but it’s not for me. Weekends are family time, everyone would starve if I wasn’t around to cook for them and I have enough to occupy me thank you!