Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 May 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
These sound interesting, where would I be able to buy them?

Kat
I just got mine off Amazon, Kat.

amazon/s?k=scopode..._ts-doa-p_1_10
Old 8 May 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I assume your GP has not been any help?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

I've rarely have an issue with rollercoasters as there is fresh air around although the newer ones with compact loops are a bit hard work. I've been on a cruise across Biscay where many people are suffering with sickness and been fine.

However, I have never been a fan of simulators and I am getting worse as I get older.

I remember Body Wars being particularly bad but the content didn't help! More recently I found things like the Simpsons Ride at US and even the chicken version of Mission Space uncomfortable and I come out drenched in sweat. Even Soarin' isn't great.

Stupid thing is, it had never occurred to me to think about taking travel sickness pills - d'oh
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I don’t go on any of the simulators apart from FOP as it’s just not worth it!
I wear the wrist bands now (sweat band type) for Everest and that helps so much with the backwards motion
Old 8 May 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Ugh simulators… we have a love hate relationship. Some are totally out of bounds now - Simpsons, Star Wars. I’d do it for HP FJ but still… ugh.

Interested to see which option is the most popular. Have always worried about the side effects like drowsiness etc x
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

My DH struggles with motion sickness and nothing over the counter helped so he went to his GP and was prescribed some patches that have really made a difference.
HFJohnson is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Redcat View Post
Thanks for all your replies. I use Stugeron for flights but they tend to knock me out and I’ve not had any success with them in the parks.

I will give Dramamine a go. I’m assuming I can pick these up at Walmart?

I really hope something works. I don’t feel ready to give up just yet 😀
I got mine in Walgreens, they do their own brand called Wal-Dram, which is a comparable product to Dramamine
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List