Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jul 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We have 3 pre schoolers a tween and a=teenager and great grandparents and us the grandparent Sea World an£ Busch suit all 4 generations
Then Universal and Disney comes in last place
It’s like everything else personal preference
We are not all coaster junkies either
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I don’t think it’s just about value, much as I love Disney , I’m tired of paying top dollar for a crowded experience that requires planning months ahead. I don’t want to have to decide months ahead what parks, rides and even what restaurants I’ll feel like every day . A few E ticket attractions yes , every blinking day no
When we do I Drive , it’s not a Disney substitute but an entirely different style of holiday, we like spontaneous . We honestly don’t miss Disney one bit those trips.
I do think for many the days when Orlando automatically meant Disney are gone . People are far more savvy about options nowadays.
We're doing the Idrive and Universal, Seaworld etc and non Disney next May for first time... Just not justifying the ludicrous prices they charge now, I can get the whole Universal, DC dolphin swim, Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch for the same price as Disney and still go to Disney Springs for free for that wee buzz... Complete no brainer

T
Jenksy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Sea World and Busch gardens have the best coasters in Florida in my opinion. Also good value for us Brits with their 14 day tickets.

Walt Disney World is more of a resort/holiday rather than a theme park with many different types of attractions aimed at all age groups. I like them all
Agreed they easily have the best coasters but doesn't make them the best theme parks
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Universal Tips for us. Then SeaWorld then Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studios, then Epcot and Magic Kingdom.
Our Kids were teens and just below when we first went and found Disney a bit light weight especially Magic Kingdom.
Our favourite day is always Discovery cove.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by amarooney View Post
Agreed they easily have the best coasters but doesn't make them the best theme parks
Although this poll says otherwise.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
We went to Seaworld last in 2019. While it’s has some great coasters, especially Mako, the place itself was disappointing. Staffing levels were poor and lots of areas in the park were dated and tired.
I'd second this. I wouldn't have gone if I hadn't had entry as part of my Discovery Cove ticket.

That said, not a big fan of the huge coasters so that may swing it for you.
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List