Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 Aug 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
oceanscape
Trying for More Ears

Virgin Atlantic promo offer if you don't cancel & instead accept a voucher?

Hi everyone, so looks like our September trip won't be going ahead due to the Travel Ban even though Virgin haven't cancelled our flights yet (LAX, not MCO).

We have Upper Class Reward Flights booked and I used the WhatsApp service to text Virgin to cancel them (I know I will have to pay the £35/each cancellation fee given the flights are not cancelled). The taxes were about £600pp each so not an insubstantial refund due.

Virgin replied telling me that if I opt for "travel voucher" to use by 30 April 2023 (instead of a refund of the miles + taxes) then they will give me one of the following:
  • Upgrade Reward
  • Companion Reward
  • Clubhouse invite
I then replied to the WhatsApp asking what the upgrade and companion rewards are, what are the Ts&Cs etc. but whilst I was typing the message I got the infuriating auto-response telling me "as we haven't heard from you we are saying goodbye" (they gave me less than 2 hours to respond, even though they took 3 days to reply to me!).

So I thought I'd save some time and ask you guys if this is too good to be true or if it is worth us accepting the vouchers and getting the reward benefits. Does the companion reward mean that in the future I can buy one flight and then get another flight for free (only paying taxes)? But do you have to buy a "full price" fare or something or can you genuinely just buy any ticket?

Any thoughts/advice appreciated!
oceanscape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List