Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Sep 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Universal Parks with young children

Hello,

So we decided to not go to universal originally but have booked to stay at endless summer due to its good location to our must try restaurants and access to seaworld and aquatica.

Now a friend has made me second guess that decision. Would it be worth going to just for a day? Our children will be nearly 5 and 1 when we go. Our eldest daughter is VERY active and I don't want her getting bored or upset when she cant do anything there. Are there shows or smaller rides for young children?

Thanking you in advance
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Personally I wouldn’t with children that age. One day would be an expensive visit.

You can still visit city walk for a look round without purchasing park tickets
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

I would go to the universal orlando website and check by height what she could do.
Then the question is whether she would want to do those rides.
There are some play areas as well.
We took our kids when they were 4/6 and they enjoyed Dr Seuss land, ET etc there was enough to do.

Edited at 10:09 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Personally I would wait till they are a little older. It’s a lot of money to spend to use just a small section of the park for young children. Of course you can do rider swap but I would rather wait a few years and experience the rides all together as a family.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by All-smiles View Post
Hello,

So we decided to not go to universal originally but have booked to stay at endless summer due to its good location to our must try restaurants and access to seaworld and aquatica.

Now a friend has made me second guess that decision. Would it be worth going to just for a day? Our children will be nearly 5 and 1 when we go. Our eldest daughter is VERY active and I don't want her getting bored or upset when she cant do anything there. Are there shows or smaller rides for young children?

Thanking you in advance
If it’s any help, I took my 2 when they were nearly 4 and nearly 3 and bar Seuss Landings I think the only other things they could go on was transformers, Spider-Man and Simpsons as they are simulators…..Universal is my fave Orlando destination but my boys are now 10 and 12 when we go next Apr so can go on anything…..it’s just the getting them to go on that I have to worry about😂….I would wait till older.

T
Jenksy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Healthcare29
Trying for More Ears

I agree wait, but only you know your 5 yr old, my 2 middle daughters were fearless & would ride literally any ride if tall enough, one of them was 5 in 2003 when we first went & I'm sure she wasn't tall enough to do all of them.
Healthcare29 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Thank you guys. You have confirmed my original thoughts in that it's better for the kiddies to skip it. It also sounds like it wouldnt be worth the extra money either. I would hate to add it on extra to our budget and then the kiddies are both unhappy! X

Edited at 12:58 PM.
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
meva
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We took my two when they were 3 and 1 and they really enjoyed it (as much as Disney really). We were dubious thinking it's a teenager/adult big thrill park but were proved wrong. There is a surprising amount for little children to do that I had previously ignored.
meva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

My kids were 5 and 7 when we first went and they loved it
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It depends what interests your children have really. My son will be almost 5 when we plan to go next and he is really into Marvel Superheroes and Dinosaurs. He will get more out of Universal and Islands of Adventure than he would Disney at the moment. I don't expect he'll be big enough for a lot of the rides, but seeing the characters, the theming and the parades will be amazing for him. He also loves all the Dr Seuss books and has (almost) the full collection. Can't wait to see his face when we go to get Green Eggs and Ham for lunch one day
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List