Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 4 Aug 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
If you set your brain to ‘Channel 5 show’ rather than ‘BBC FOUR documentary’ then it’s an enjoyable series, though I also think something deeper is needed.
I do agree that it feels somewhat like one of those Channel 5 talking heads shows. At least here they got people who were involved with the designing or building the rides rather than random C-list celebrities.

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
I'd love that, but sadly no. The next episodes have been announced:

1) The Castles (not really attractions then!)
2) Disneyland Hotel (huh?!)
3) It's a Small World (ugh)
4) Trains, Trams, and Monorails (see 1 for comment)
5) Hall of Presidents (see 3 for comment)

Rather underwhelming. They're all out on Disney+ on 25th August.

The Disneyland Hotel is the weirdest one - that said, I'd love a D+ series on the various Disney resorts!
I'm looking forward to the Small World one - it's one of my favourite rides at Disney. Because its so Disney-ish.

I agree that the Disneyland Hotel one is a bit weird considering this is supposed to be about the attractions. I can sort of see castles, trains and monorails being attractions (kind of), but a hotel..?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I agree that the Disneyland Hotel one is a bit weird considering this is supposed to be about the attractions. I can sort of see castles, trains and monorails being attractions (kind of), but a hotel..?
I've never visited the Disneyland Hotel, but I guess if you take the monorail from the park to get there, it could be classified as an attraction?

No, that's reaching And it's not particularly well themed as well, from what I understand. We'll see!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

OK have now watched all the released episodes so far in quick succession and have to say I'm really rather enjoying the series so far.

It's still not what I expected when I first heard about the series, but it's a nice overview of each ride, showing a bit of the mechanics of the ride (I finally know how Tower of Terror works!) as well as a lot of the history of the ride and the updates that have been made to the ride over the years. I really enjoy Disney history and all that so it's been really fun watching it for me!

Plus it's nice that for a couple of the episodes they didn't stick purely to the featured ride but also talked about and around it and about related things in the parks...
Old 6 Aug 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
I'd love that, but sadly no. The next episodes have been announced:

1) The Castles (not really attractions then!)
2) Disneyland Hotel (huh?!)
3) It's a Small World (ugh)
4) Trains, Trams, and Monorails (see 1 for comment)
5) Hall of Presidents (see 3 for comment)

Rather underwhelming. They're all out on Disney+ on 25th August.

The Disneyland Hotel is the weirdest one - that said, I'd love a D+ series on the various Disney resorts!
I'm mostly looking forward to 4. The train is my favourite attraction, closely followed by the monorail.

I can understand DLH, in my mind it's one of the original themed hotels so was a trendsetter. And given the format of the show, I'd expect them to touch on the various resorts around the world that followed.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Next episodes are now on Disney+
Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Have watched a couple of the new ones. Narration still annoys me. Still mostly focused on Disneyland which doesn't bother me, but I know people were hoping for more WDW content.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

I’m another that loves any back story and insight but the presentation style with the frequent cuts into the interviews with the unfunny quips really dampens it.

Just let us hear the content
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List