Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 21, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Shocked at prices been quoted now

I been doing dumpy bookings for 2022 to get a rough guide for holiday prices. Staying at a value and moderate resorts for next year with flights, hotel, transfers and tickets was roughly between £8500 and £9500.
I got Ocean Florida to give me a quote for August 2023 as Disney not released prices and offers for 2023 yet they had to give me quotes for LBV hotels and for the
Bonnet Creek Flying with Virgin in August £10500 and the best he could offer me was Rosen Inn Lake for £9100.
I was looking to spend £11000 max with spending money. I thought not been a Disney hotel the price would have been a lot cheaper.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
I been doing dumpy bookings for 2022 to get a rough guide for holiday prices. Staying at a value and moderate resorts for next year with flights, hotel, transfers and tickets was roughly between £8500 and £9500.
I got Ocean Florida to give me a quote for August 2023 as Disney not released prices and offers for 2023 yet they had to give me quotes for LBV hotels and for the
Bonnet Creek Flying with Virgin in August £10500 and the best he could offer me was Rosen Inn Lake for £9100.
I was looking to spend £11000 max with spending money. I thought not been a Disney hotel the price would have been a lot cheaper.
It will be cheaper if you wait for the flights to be released. Booking 2 years in advance is where the travel agents make their most money.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

How many is that for and what month? But as above, quoting this far out rarely gives decent deals because they're estimating everything.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Any TA will be leaving plenty of fat in a quote… because they have no more clue than you or I what flights will cost when they are released.

I would be patient and wait until there are less than 330 days to your return flight.. and then start researching.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don’t think you can rely on a quote for 2023 yet. I’m curious though why you looked at only Disney for next year but offsite for 2023. Yes Disney is getting more expensive but there are still great prices for offsite hotels.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I don’t think you can rely on a quote for 2023 yet. I’m curious though why you looked at only Disney for next year but offsite for 2023. Yes Disney is getting more expensive but there are still great prices for offsite hotels.
I was ringing to get Disney hotel quotes as I was happy with the 2022 prices but have always planned for 2023. Ocean Florida said they hadn’t got the 2023 Disney offers or hotel prices yet.

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
How many is that for and what month? But as above, quoting this far out rarely gives decent deals because they're estimating everything.
It was for the 18th August for 14 nights for 2 adults and 2 children aged 11&4. Im not gonna do anything to April but I thought I just see if my £11000 would be enough.

Edited at 09:35 PM.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsTitch
Proud to wear my Ears

I booked with virgin last week for 15 nights flying direct from Manchester to Orlando for 2 adults and 2 kids ages 10 & 4 and paid 3800 at Rosen inn at point for 2023.
So it’s most defo doable - I booked mine in the virgin store in Trafford Center

We’re staying on site for the full
Holiday next year but flight prices are just next level at the minute
MrsTitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

Try virgin but call your local store I have booked for 2023. 2 adults 2 children 17&9 flying direct from Manchester 5 nights at universal endless summer in a 2 bed suite and then 9 nights in a 2 bed apartment style villa at Holiday Inn club at orange lake. August 16th 2023 for £4691.
Old 13 Sep 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
It was for the 18th August for 14 nights for 2 adults and 2 children aged 11&4. Im not gonna do anything to April but I thought I just see if my £11000 would be enough.
I think 11k should be enough, although it depends how much leeway you want for spending money. If I was to guess, OF have seen the massive jump in 2022 flight prices and applied the same increase to 2023 estimates. It's unlikely to be the case as pent up demand and credit notes will clear out of the system assuming travel resumes next year, which should then stabilise the prices.

Aiming for 9k, assuming you did have to pay the 1k per person being asked for August flights at the moment and allowing 2k for Disney tickets still leaves you 3k for the hotel. That will easily get you a value with change (should be around 2k) and may even stretch to a moderate. If you're prepared to go indirect, you can easily save at least 1k off those flights. Which brings you down to about 7k.

And looking offsite, somewhere like Rosen LBV shouldn't be more than around 1k for two weeks. So down to 6k, although you may need to factor transport costs if the limited shuttles aren't suitable.

Edited at 10:01 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I think 11k should be enough, although it depends how much leeway you want for spending money. If I was to guess, OF have seen the massive jump in 2022 flight prices and applied the same increase to 2023 estimates. It's unlikely to be the case as pent up demand and credit notes will clear out of the system assuming travel resumes next year, which should then stabilise the prices.

Aiming for 9k, assuming you did have to pay the 1k per person being asked for August flights at the moment and allowing 2k for Disney tickets still leaves you 3k for the hotel. That will easily get you a value with change (should be around 2k) and may even stretch to a moderate. If you're prepared to go indirect, you can easily save at least 1k off those flights. Which brings you down to about 7k.

And looking offsite, somewhere like Rosen LBV shouldn't be more than around 1k for two weeks. So down to 6k, although you may need to factor transport costs if the limited shuttles aren't suitable.
We also got a $’s and $150 Disney gift card left from our last holiday in 2016.
I really hope flying from Birmingham with Tui will be a lot cheaper as it’s only 20 mins away from my house and won’t need to pay for overnight hotel and parking in Manchester.
I won’t be driving as only plan on doing Disney again this time as a lot been added since 2016 and my daughter was under 40in