Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Sep 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
phonic73
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

April 3 2022 - Is this a special day?

Hi there,

I check on a daily basis the park reservation for my trip next year (Easter). When I checked the other day the 3 April has no reservations left for Disney Hollywood Studios. We had planned to go there on the 3rd, however no issue changing.

Just wondered if anyone knew if there was some sort of occasion on 3 April that would mean DHS is at capacity?

Thanks
phonic73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Not that I'm aware of, doesn't align with any of HS's usual dates. I suspect it's Disney blocking it rather than it being at capacity. First thought was perhaps something to do with the SW hotel, since it's due to open in spring.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Not that I'm aware of, doesn't align with any of HS's usual dates. I suspect it's Disney blocking it rather than it being at capacity. First thought was perhaps something to do with the SW hotel, since it's due to open in spring.
You'd think they'd open the SW hotel on the 4th May.

As above, I'm not sure why HS has no reservations available on 3rd April either. Although that's the sort of thing that can generate any number of rumours.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
You'd think they'd open the SW hotel on the 4th May.

As above, I'm not sure why HS has no reservations available on 3rd April either. Although that's the sort of thing that can generate any number of rumours.
Ha yes, most of the rumours point to May. I wasn't thinking it was the actual opening, but perhaps some sort of guest testing with the link between park and hotel. Or promotion filming that they can't do out of hours. But it's a Sunday, so then they lost me again.

Definitely gong to fuel the rumour mill though.
Old 30 Sep 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Just been announced today, March 1st... disneyparks.disney.go/bl...n-oct-28-2021/

Now I'm just confused.
Old 30 Sep 21, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Is it possible that a large organisation like Microsoft or similar has paid Disney silly money to hire the whole park for the day? I'm sure that parks have been closed due to private events before.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
Is it possible that a large organisation like Microsoft or similar has paid Disney silly money to hire the whole park for the day? I'm sure that parks have been closed due to private events before.
It's possible. Normally they only hire out for evenings rather than a full day. But if they paid enough, I'm sure Bob wouldn't mind.
Old 12 Oct 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Bumping this up because I just read it's the day of the new surprise RunDisney event. Could be a bunch of runners booking HS hoping for a SW themed run? Or it's Disney blocking it for operational reasons for the run - which seems unlikely given the usual race courses and times. But there you go, that's what's special about the date.