Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Oct 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

They’ll probably be left until 2 weeks before. That’s really the latest they’ll start cancelling if their hand is forced because less then 2 weeks, there is a bunch of extra compensation due which they can’t afford to pay out.
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have updated Post#1 to reflect the limited changes announced today but please note there is no additional information about the restart of Orlando or Las Vegas services.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Originally Posted by choccielover View Post
We’ve been moved from the 22/10 to the 23/10….

Not sure what to make of this to be honest. I’ve contacted virgin on the WhatsApp group to enquire if I can ask for a refund

They aren’t exactly being very clear about all this
So the WhatsApp remains unanswered and we are supposed to fly in less than 2 weeks…no cancellation and in fact I’ve been getting emails about preparing to fly!

I’m on the phone with them now to try and get this resolved once and for all but the last time I did this I was on hold for ages then the call dropped off without being answered.

I’m just fed up of the not knowing and want my money back at this point. The flights are not available according to their website, only indirect flights so I’m not sure why we haven’t been contacted.
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Sorry about the delay I have been in a meeting all morning here in MCO and have just seen the official confirmation from VS to say all LHR/MAN-MCO flights cancelled up to and including 7th November.

Just about to update this VS Cancellation thread now.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

I know this isn’t what people want to hear, but thanks for the update.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Post#1 now fully updated with the latest information from Virgin Atlantic as at 1621 on 21/10/21
Old 29 Oct 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
I have updated the first post in this thread with the latest updates from Virgin received today 29th October 2021
Old 29 Oct 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
I have updated the first post in this thread with the latest updates from Virgin received today 29th October 2021
Thankfully things are starting to settle down (fingers crossed) and we won't need to dread updates on Thursdays or Fridays for much longer.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ellie-mai
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Virgin MAN-MCO showing as 'not available' if you try to book departures on 8/9/10 Nov. Stanleycamel, do you know if they are full or cancelled please? The 11th Nov is super expensive tickets only.
ellie-mai is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by ellie-mai View Post
Virgin MAN-MCO showing as 'not available' if you try to book departures on 8/9/10 Nov. Stanleycamel, do you know if they are full or cancelled please? The 11th Nov is super expensive tickets only.
Sorry about the late reply - the 8th and 9th sold out and 10th only has 1 UC and 4 EC fares left.
Closed Thread