Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Oct 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Best use of VA miles calling all experts

I have about 190 K miles and have secured 4 reward companion flights looking to book next Summer and would welcome advice ideally is it best to use the miles to upgrade once mileage seats are available. Is it best to book an economy or premium seat and the upgrade with the companion to UC or alternatively book UC and use the companion voucher-all guidance appreciated
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Do you mean you have 4 reward vouchers to use?
How many passengers?
Is the goal to end up in UC?
What is your FC status level?
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

We are hoping to go with the family 4 adults 1 child 1 infant ideally to go in Uc my mother and father have about 100 K while my husband has around 40 K so between us in excess of 300k currently all flying red members
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I'd probably look for 2 x UC miles seats plus 2 x UC companion seats for the adults - this will need the 300000 miles and require 4 x UC taxes in ££ and 2 x vouchers.

The next bit depends on if the infant requires a seat?
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

The infant is one going out and two on the return which complicates things further
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Yeah, bit tricky that one. A one way UC fare would be very painful. I'd probably suggest 2 x UC child return for cash. Keeps the number of reward seats required down to 4 and avoids the one way issue. If there is another reward seat and a voucher spare maybe ask about 1 cash seat plus one companion but I'm not sure if it's possible on a child fare.
Old 23 Oct 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

All sorted one way essentially 97K in UC and apparently 2 and a half companion flights -dont quite understand how that works ? However VA really helpful so with miles and taxes from Edinburgh around just over £1200 and now awaiting the seats to pop up on 2 September and to make a separate booking
Old 23 Oct 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fraser301 View Post
All sorted one way essentially 97K in UC and apparently 2 and a half companion flights -dont quite understand how that works ? However VA really helpful so with miles and taxes from Edinburgh around just over £1200 and now awaiting the seats to pop up on 2 September and to make a separate booking
I'll be honest and say I've no idea how they've calculated that , it must be a combination of PE rewards, companions and upgrades to UC. Great result though, fingers crossed for the returns