Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Nov 23, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab4ontour
Gone all Goofy

I really don't understand.

We have been to Florida/Disney around 5 times in total. The last visit was 2022 where we stayed in a Disney associated hotel. We were lucky and got disney+ tickets (which had the new version of fast passes included). I remember that at the time I had to book our fast passes at 7am, although I was up in time, I found it difficult to snag any of the ones we really wanted, and I felt that I didn't use these tickets to their full advantage. Next year we are staying totally off site. Can anyone point me in the direction of a really REALLY clear fools guide (maybe a YouTube clip) on how to book fast passes (or whatevery they are call now) - I know we have to pay individually for them, but not sure if paying would guarantee the rides we would like. HELP - totally clueless and wishing everyday they'd bring back the old way of getting fast passes.
Fab4ontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 23, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
RescueRangers
Apprentice Imagineer

If you're not going till next year I would not do a ton of research atm. rumours Genie+ has a big change coming soon. So could all change again
RescueRangers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 23, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab4ontour
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by RescueRangers View Post
If you're not going till next year I would not do a ton of research atm. rumours Genie+ has a big change coming soon. So could all change again
Thanks. Still hoping they will bring back the pre covid fastpasses - but Disney don't seem to 'go back' only change/tweek.
Fab4ontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 23, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RescueRangers
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fab4ontour View Post
Thanks. Still hoping they will bring back the pre covid fastpasses - but Disney don't seem to 'go back' only change/tweek.
The rumours are that Genie+ will be more similar to fastpass that you can pre book rides for your stay. But would be a paid version.

No idea if and when it will be announced. But im sure knowing Disney it will be far to complex for that it should be !
RescueRangers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 23, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Well I think it depends on what time of year you’re going. We went in September and anticipated that it would be easy for us to get on rides. To some extent it was in the very beginning but it rapidly changed and we were struggling to get on our favourite rides. We bought genie plus once for HS but that was a disaster. Lots of rides were down and our daughter couldn’t get ride slots that were ok for us. We were offsite. I really hope they do something about genie plus because I didn’t feel we made the best of it.
Old 2 Nov 23, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyxxSarah
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

look at ear scouts on youtube. they have videos showing you exactly how they use genie plus in each park with tips and hints over which rides to book first based on demand (some get sold out).

basically it works on the following principals
- you book on a daily bases, booking opens at midnight and you can book your first ride at 7am
- you can book your second ride 2 hours after the park open or once you've used your first ride booking.
- you can book following rides 2 hours after your last booking if you have not yet used that booking, OR straight after you've used your previous booking
- you want to book on the busiest rides first becuase they do 'sell out', i.e. stop offering new slots.
- to maximise your disney genie plus day, make use of the 'tip board' feature in the app - i.e. select a few rides at a time that you want to make a booking for and keep refreshing the page to see what time slots come up. you ideally want to get a time that is the closest to the current time, if not you'll be waiting 2 hours until you can book another ride!
- you may well be refreshing for 5-10 mins but it's usually worth it!
- as soon as you tap into a ride, book another ride, you can always amend it later but it will save you time in the long run.
- if you are going into the park later, start stacking rides using that 2 hour rule.
- there are a number of 'glitches' using the app that you can use to your favour. ear scouts explain all about them on their youtube channel.
- if you have booked a lightening lane through genie plus and the ride breaks down, it will convert to a general pass that you can use on most other rides.
- some rides are excluded from genie plus
- you can also do character meets using genie plus.
Old 2 Nov 23, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab4ontour
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by DisneyxxSarah View Post
look at ear scouts on youtube. they have videos showing you exactly how they use genie plus in each park with tips and hints over which rides to book first based on demand (some get sold out).

basically it works on the following principals
- you book on a daily bases, booking opens at midnight and you can book your first ride at 7am
- you can book your second ride 2 hours after the park open or once you've used your first ride booking.
- you can book following rides 2 hours after your last booking if you have not yet used that booking, OR straight after you've used your previous booking
- you want to book on the busiest rides first becuase they do 'sell out', i.e. stop offering new slots.
- to maximise your disney genie plus day, make use of the 'tip board' feature in the app - i.e. select a few rides at a time that you want to make a booking for and keep refreshing the page to see what time slots come up. you ideally want to get a time that is the closest to the current time, if not you'll be waiting 2 hours until you can book another ride!
- you may well be refreshing for 5-10 mins but it's usually worth it!
- as soon as you tap into a ride, book another ride, you can always amend it later but it will save you time in the long run.
- if you are going into the park later, start stacking rides using that 2 hour rule.
- there are a number of 'glitches' using the app that you can use to your favour. ear scouts explain all about them on their youtube channel.
- if you have booked a lightening lane through genie plus and the ride breaks down, it will convert to a general pass that you can use on most other rides.
- some rides are excluded from genie plus
- you can also do character meets using genie plus.
Thank you - that's really helpful.