Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Oct 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Maybe have him tested now and see what the results are first ?
As far a I know there isn’t a specific test for FIP which seems to make it a bit more complicated. As I say, I’m not a cat person so I’d never heard of it before.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
As far a I know there isn’t a specific test for FIP which seems to make it a bit more complicated. As I say, I’m not a cat person so I’d never heard of it before.
Absolutely correct - there is no test for FIP

There is so much misinformation about FIP as well.

FIP occurs when a common feline coronavirus is mutated within the cats body and becomes feline infectious peritonitis, causing widespread inflammation, fever, inappetence, and other issues. It can affect any organ or body system, and presents differently in every cat.

FIP is NOT contagious, the Feline coronavirus is - but almost all cats will have been exposed to that at some point or another (think of it like a common cold).

So, no if you have a healthy cat - it does not have FIP, it was likely exposed to the coronavirus a long time ago and clearly had no issues with it, whilst some unfortunate kitty’s went on to mutate it.
No issue with the cat going to a cattery at all.

We have siblings - one got FIP one didn’t. Out of the litter of 4 - two got it, two didn’t. Our FIP cat has mixed with our other 3 throughout his treatment - they are all healthy cats.

Edited at 05:21 PM.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

That’s amazing, congratulations!
Old 23 Oct 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
qwerty
Excited about Disney

What an absolutely gorgeous puddy cat.
qwerty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
Absolutely correct - there is no test for FIP

There is so much misinformation about FIP as well.

FIP occurs when a common feline coronavirus is mutated within the cats body and becomes feline infectious peritonitis, causing widespread inflammation, fever, inappetence, and other issues. It can affect any organ or body system, and presents differently in every cat.

FIP is NOT contagious, the Feline coronavirus is - but almost all cats will have been exposed to that at some point or another (think of it like a common cold).

So, no if you have a healthy cat - it does not have FIP, it was likely exposed to the coronavirus a long time ago and clearly had no issues with it, whilst some unfortunate kitty’s went on to mutate it.
No issue with the cat going to a cattery at all.

We have siblings - one got FIP one didn’t. Out of the litter of 4 - two got it, two didn’t. Our FIP cat has mixed with our other 3 throughout his treatment - they are all healthy cats.
Thankyou that’s really helpful.
And congrats again on the successful treatment of your beautiful cat x
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sam so pleased to read your gorgeous kitty is doing so well. Is he a Birman? We have a Birman blue girl who’s 8 years old 😺
Old 24 Oct 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

That is fantastic! I remember when I got my Ragdoll, Lola, she had a horrible cold and everyone warned me on the Facebook groups about FIP. I was terrified I would lose her.
It’s great to know that actually it’s not always a life sentence and there is something that can be done.
Well done! Gorgeous cat xxx
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Oh WOW 👏👏👏👏 so pleased to read this update 😁.
That's wonderful news you must be over the moon!
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Amazing news! Well done on your perseverance and research into FIP. Really hope there are more treatments developed and vets become more aware!
Old 24 Oct 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Frankie & gang View Post
Sam so pleased to read your gorgeous kitty is doing so well. Is he a Birman? We have a Birman blue girl who’s 8 years old 😺
Thank-you! He is a ragdoll so pretty close to Birman
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List