Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 26 Jun 21, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Best place to buy a fridge/freezer, what make model?

We need to buy a fridge/freezer, it's a second one for our utility room so doesn't have to be amazing but nice looking, low electric usage and frost free. The space is big enough to fit a 100cm wide but 60cm would also be fine. Any ideas.

What is a good supplier, would use John Lewis but they seem expensive.

Thanks for your help.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not sure about makes/models but I buy most electrical goods from AO.I find their prices good and you can book the delivery slot when you order. I wouldn’t touch curry’s they have zero customer service.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have a look at Marks electricals. I ordered from them on a Sunday afternoon last summer sans they delivered and fitted it at 7.30am on the Monday morning.
This is what I bought for my utility room - it’s been great. Love the wine drawer
markselectrical/RF22R7...e-Freezer.html
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Have a look at Marks electricals. I ordered from them on a Sunday afternoon last summer sans they delivered and fitted it at 7.30am on the Monday morning.
This is what I bought for my utility room - it’s been great. Love the wine drawer
markselectrical/RF22R7...e-Freezer.html
Thanks that looks great
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Not sure about makes/models but I buy most electrical goods from AO.I find their prices good and you can book the delivery slot when you order. I wouldn’t touch curry’s they have zero customer service.
Agree. Ao for me. They delivered our fridge freezer in under 24 hours after curry's messed me around for a week.
We have an American style fridge freezer by Hisense. Had never heard of them before but I love it. Replaced our Samsung that was forever developing faults.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

I have bought lots of things though AO.com and never any issues. Also worth noting they’ll always price match, and think they even refund if you find item cheaper for a set time after you’ve bought your item
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Try your local Euronics store
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

We always use AO. Plenty of choice and good delivery service
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Marks electricals hands down for me and my mum
Faboulous service during the first lockdown both of us have Beko mine a fridge freezer and mum a freezer arrived to us at 07:30 am after ordering the afternoon before and a two hour drive to get to us
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

AO and John Lewis are my go to for electrical goods.

For a fridge freezer I'd always check Which reviews to make sure I get a genuinely frost free model. My current one came with the house and is quite frosty.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List