Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Aug 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

Arrival Day at Universal Parks

Hi Guy's,

I will be arriving and going to the Portfornio hotel for 3 nights the first day we arrive the plane lands at 16:20 by the time we get to the hotel will we have time to go to the park?

Which park would you recommend going to for such a short time?

thank you
JJ Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Personally I would book a cheap hotel for arrival night to make the most of my stay at a premium hotel
Then get up early to check in at 7am to get best use of express passes
Old 16 Aug 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Personally I would book a cheap hotel for arrival night to make the most of my stay at a premium hotel
Then get up early to check in at 7am to get best use of express passes
This is what we were going to do until I priced it up and it was an extra £200 for the night which we thought was worth it. We would have paid £100 plus for one nights elsewhere and then getting an Uber first thing with cases etc at least we know we will have the room for the next day without going to park not knowing if our room would be ready.
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The parks typically close around 9. I'd say you'd be lucky to be there before 6, 7 would be more realistic. And then I'd always want to freshen up. By the time you get to the park, you're probably looking at an hour. Not worth it.

Relax and enjoy the resort instead, or head over to CityWalk for a meal.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
alansmed
Proud to wear my Ears

we have always gone into the parks on our first night. assuming its just adults you will be fine.
If you can get a decent run through the airport and transfer to the hotel you could get a few hours in the park. check park hours and see which park is open latest and head there.
I always try to stay up as late as our bodies will allow us to as we feel it helps to wake up a little later with the time difference.
alansmed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

Thank you guy's, I will be towing 2 teens and a 6 year old so I doubt I will be getting anywhere fast lol 😂

I think we will just go for a nice meal some where on that day then, but that only leaves 2 days ish (the 3rd day is a moving day) to do universal I was hoping to get all 3 parks done but saying out loud it sounds like it might not be possible...

Maybe we need 4 Nights in the Universal hotel and 10 nights Disney - My booking is not that flexible as I have already booked with VH.
JJ Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

You can still use most of the third day at Universal, just store your bags with bell services and head to the parks. It would make a good Cabana Bay day since you'd probably only need half a day there anyway. Then transfer over to Disney in the mid-afternoon or evening.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Apprentice Imagineer

So land, go through customs, get cases, pickup car, drive to hotel, check in, boat over to park. You're closer to Universal Studios with the boat dock from Portofino (not much in it) but either way you'll be lucky to get an hour in.
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

OK so I had not heard of Cabana Bay... just Volcano Bay is there a difference?
Old 16 Aug 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

I will give it my best shot!