Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Seaport Village SD Hotel?

Hi all,

Trying to decide on a hotel for 4 nights in San Diego and just need some advice! I think I’m overthinking it!

Manchester grand Hyatt and the Hilton bayfront are both sold out for our dates (April 4th)

I was thinking about the Marriott Marquis but it is currently 1300ish and not sure if that’s a bit pricey?
Another option was the springhill suites as it includes breakfast, it’s about 1000.
There are cheaper hotels in the gaslamp but I quite fancy being on the bay!

We want to be based around the seaport - don’t have a car but will be ubering or trolleying around!

Insight appreciated!☺️
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

If you do end up in the gaslamp district, it’s a very easy walk to Seaport village. If things are sold out already (is there an event or is that Easter?) I’d be inclined to book sooner rather than later wherever you decide
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have stayed at that marriott - it’s a great one and their pool area is very tropical and sheltered, also stayed at The Hyatt many this - lovely hotel but pool area sits between the hotels and can get very windy. Tip: even if you dont get into the Hyatt do go there for the roof top bar to watch the sunset over Coronado . Its a wonderful spot

I always want to stay by the water - waking up to that view can be beat in SD but like Karen says book a room quickly as it looks like a convention is taking place and all other available rooms will get snapped up (and rates will sky rocket)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

The Marquis is a lovely hotel and the pool area is beautiful, but that is pretty expensive so I don’t blame you for looking around. The problem is, anything close to or on the water in San Diego is going to be pricey. You could look at staying on Shelter Island which is on the bay, but it’s across the road from the airport and a couple miles out from downtown and Seaport Village- though you can get to those places by Uber in ten minutes. The location is beautiful and a little more tranquil than downtown. There are two hotels on Shelter Island I can recommend: the Best Western Island Palms and Humphreys Half Moon Inn. Their prices have always been a little more reasonable than the hotels in the Seaport Village area. The only downside to consider to staying on Shelter Island is there isn’t as much within a quick walking distance as there is downtown, but both hotels have nice restaurants on property.

Another hotel you can check out that is across the street from Seaport Village is the Embassy Suites Bayside. Large rooms and free hot breakfasts there for guests.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Aims- is the Holiday Inn still there along the front (the one with the English pub )? I have stayed there a good few times in the past and it’s reasonable and great location (but it was old so maybe gone now )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Aims- is the Holiday Inn still there along the front (the one with the English pub )? I have stayed there a good few times in the past and it’s reasonable and great location (but it was old so maybe gone now )
Was it the Holiday Inn Bayside, Megaflyer? That is the only one coming to mind that is on the harbor front. If so, it doesn’t have the English pub anymore. There is an English pub near the airport called the Shakespeare Pub- have you been there? It is one of my favorites to go to in San Diego.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Was it the Holiday Inn Bayside, Megaflyer? That is the only one coming to mind that is on the harbor front. If so, it doesn’t have the English pub anymore. There is an English pub near the airport called the Shakespeare Pub- have you been there? It is one of my favorites to go to in San Diego.
It was opposite Anthony’s Grotto
Old 22 Sep 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Not not been to that pub . I have been to a gay bar near there a d amazing views of aircraft flying over their patio and a short walk to Little Italy
Old 22 Sep 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We have settled for the Springhill Suites, Bayfront, once our flights are released in November. It seems really well situated to do everything we intend on foot.
And we like the brand in any case.. plus the free breakfast.

Edited at 04:10 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
It was opposite Anthony’s Grotto
Ok, I know the one you’re thinking of. That Holiday Inn is gone, it is now the Wyndham Bayside hotel. Also, the Anthony’s fish grotto restaurant is gone now too (maybe you already knew that).