Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Oct 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Wee soul 💗 I hope she is ok and I would definitely complain it could have been life threatening xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
What would you want from compliant? I mean this question in a good way. What outcome would you want? They have acknoweldged the error and apologised so its not a case that you would want that outcome.

I do imagine that they have now as the NHS would completed the likes of a DATIX to see if anything can be learnt from the incident.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
What would you want from compliant? I mean this question in a good way. What outcome would you want? They have acknoweldged the error and apologised so its not a case that you would want that outcome.

I do imagine that they have now as the NHS would completed the likes of a DATIX to see if anything can be learnt from the incident.
I agree, if anything I’d just ask what procedures have been out in place to learn from the incident.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

How’s your dog getting on?
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

rcvs.uk/home/
You need to complain to the RCVS ..
anita1963 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Difficult one yes it shouldn’t happen but mistakes do happen and can happen to any of us. I try to look at how the mistake was dealt with. I do hope that your dog is ok and doesn’t suffer any long term problems as a result of the mistake. I had an experience of a vet trying to cover up a mistake which almost cost my daughter’s rabbit its life. Fortunately she took it for a second opinion and after two weeks she recovered.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Sorry to hear this and hope your dog will be on the mend soon.

As an aside, have they checked your dog for diabetes?
That’s the first thing I thought of re excessive thirst.

Edited at 08:31 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Hello all

My pooch is still poorly, yes she has been tested for all sorts

We have to get her to eat as if not she’s going back to the vets to be tube fed

I will be complaining to the vets about the overdose to make sure that it is investigated and they put procedures in that it won’t happen to anyone else

Going to try again with food in a minute x
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
Hello all

My pooch is still poorly, yes she has been tested for all sorts

We have to get her to eat as if not she’s going back to the vets to be tube fed

I will be complaining to the vets about the overdose to make sure that it is investigated and they put procedures in that it won’t happen to anyone else

Going to try again with food in a minute x
Fingers crossed, I hope she gets sorted soon.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anita1963 View Post
rcvs.uk/home/
You need to complain to the RCVS ..
I'd start with the practice - as people have said above, the principal thing here is to work out how this happened, what steps werre taken once the mistake was discovered, and what systems have been put in place to ensure that it's not repeated.

However, sometimes, this is down to human error, which no system can entirely prevent. For example, the person who was supposed to make a record of the administration of the sedation was about to do so, then got distracted by an emergency, and then did not remember to go back and write in the administration chart (it's surprisingly common for people, when interrupted most of the way through a task, to recall having completed the task, when in fact they haven't). The night team then come on, see that the sedative apparently hasn't been given and give a second dose, believing it to be the only dose.

I think it's a positive thing that they phoned you and let you know about the mistake - it suggests that they want to be open and transparent with you (it would have been very easy to not say anything if the animal is being kept in for some time anyway - clearly that is not the right thing to do, but I'm saying that potentially some places might have done that).

Hope your dog is getting better.