Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
meva
Excited about Disney

When you find a price that you're reasonably happy with, book and then don't look again, always good advice. I just made the mistake of looking again and the price has come down a bit 🙄. It's not changed enough to go through the rigmarole of trying to cancel and rebook at the lower price. However by booking relatively early we do have the seats we wanted 🙂.
meva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Chester Cheesy
Helping Minnie

Chester Cheesy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We're travelling Aug 2022 and in the same boat. i.e hotel and park tickets booked, just waiting for the right flight price.
Notice through a combo of American and FinAir, you can get to Miami direct for £550. Similar prices available to Orlando with 1 stop. Seriously considering going via Miami - just have the problem of car hire, which I'll wait at least until next spring, the prices have to come down as the hire companies start to rebuild their post covid inventory.
Old 21 Oct 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

😨😭 flight prices just seem to be climbing 🙄
Seriously who is paying £2k for economy direct?
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

I usually book pretty last minute but for late August 2022 I've got longer and I want to get a good deal. I am finding for Lon-MCO:

Business £2.2K
Prem Econ £1.2K
Econ £850

Does that sound about right?
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
I usually book pretty last minute but for late August 2022 I've got longer and I want to get a good deal. I am finding for Lon-MCO:

Business £2.2K
Prem Econ £1.2K
Econ £850

I would jump on £850 economy if it was MAN-MCO right now.
Cheapest for my dates is around £1.4 economy
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
I would jump on £850 economy if it was MAN-MCO right now.
Cheapest for my dates is around £1.4 economy
That does seem like a lot. We have to go at the end of August (20th to 3rd) because of work reasons but it seems to be a bit cheaper then. I have seen direct business flights for £1.4K from Dublin which we can get to pretty easily from Bournemouth.

I've not used flight apps much at all before as I wasn't booking the flights but I've been amazed by the number of different contorted routes that you can get there.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
I have flights 15th to the 29th with American airlines.
Got them for £550 each a week or so ago.
That indirect via Washington. So the flights are out there
Ooh where from and where are you landing? X x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post

Business £2.2K
Prem Econ £1.2K
Econ £850

Wow that’s a lot I think. I found prices of £670 economy indirect from Dublin and I think it’s good enough. And if we coming back in business for £980
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Chester Cheesy
Helping Minnie

Chester Cheesy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've bitten the bullet and booked today for mid August for 2 weeks. BA direct to Miami, £583 incl. luggage. 'Large' car for 2 weeks £770 as part of the package. So £3111 in total for 4 adults.
Would love cheaper, would have been £7-800 cheaper 2/3 years ago, but think it's a good deal considering the prices flying around at the moment. £200 deposit so can always cancel if prices come way down.
Old 27 Oct 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
derbylass
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
So we're booked for August 22 (after 2020 cancelled and 2021 cancelled) with Disney, but I still need to book the flights.

DH and I are double vaccinated, DD 13 will have her 1 jab next week, DS 8 too young for a jab.

Still so much uncertainty about rules for 12-15 year olds when the borders reopen.

Flights are so much more expensive (MAN-MCO) than last year or year before.

I remember last year we rebooked during black Friday sale.

Million dollar question, do I bite the bullet and book now, or hold out for a sale black Friday or Christmas 🤔

Just feel prices will surge upwards when the requirements are announced for travel to US.

WWYD?
Are you planning on booking your flight direct with the airline or through Disney? I usually book my flight separately not through Disney but worried about not being fully ABTA/ATOL protected as I haven't booked a package holiday.
derbylass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List