Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Oct 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

How busy is new year?

Just booked for 7 days, flying out on the 30th December and we’re doing our usual of staying at aventura. We’ve not gone during a peak time for years and have never been at new year, so now wondering just how busy it will be?
When we used to go in July, we’d stay at one of the express pass hotels and it’s now crossing my mind to book a night at RPR for the sake of the 2 days of passes. How necessary would you say it is, and across the 7 days we are there, are any days (like New Year’s Day) busier than others?
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Be interested in the replies you get.

By the way, all the preferred resorts were fully booked during our stay (similar dates to you) when I last checked with Travel Republic. If we had been serious about changing our booking, we would have looked further afield of course.

Good luck.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jadehouse
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
We went from the 27th December to the 10th January one year.
It was really busy up to New Years day then went quiet.
Great shopping deals around that time too
Old 20 Oct 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

I was only checking for 1 night (for 2 days passes) in case things were a bit mad. Not sure I can justify an extra Ł1000 for a week at RPR when this holiday is an ‘extra’😁 They were all showing availability for the week when I booked on Sunday and it doesn’t seem to be a problem for 1 night but we’ll probably book soon if we do decide to go for it
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

We stayed at the Aventura in 2018 from December 30th to January 3rd. It was busy, especially Disney. We’ve only ever done Orlando late Oct-Nov so it was a bit of a shock, although expected.

We had tickets to Universals New Year party which took place in a big sectioned off area of City Walk. At midnight (after the quick fireworks) the park EMPTIED and I mean it was like a horde. There was literally a single file line of people (us included) walking up along the bridge past the Universal globe into the park, the rest of the space was taken up with people leaving. We then managed to walk-on ride everything!

Just be prepared for everywhere to be busy though, but it was a great atmosphere. Would absolutely do it again for the right price.
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lemmiwinkles View Post
We stayed at the Aventura in 2018 from December 30th to January 3rd. It was busy, especially Disney. We’ve only ever done Orlando late Oct-Nov so it was a bit of a shock, although expected.

We had tickets to Universals New Year party which took place in a big sectioned off area of City Walk. At midnight (after the quick fireworks) the park EMPTIED and I mean it was like a horde. There was literally a single file line of people (us included) walking up along the bridge past the Universal globe into the park, the rest of the space was taken up with people leaving. We then managed to walk-on ride everything!

Just be prepared for everywhere to be busy though, but it was a great atmosphere. Would absolutely do it again for the right price.
Ooh, didn’t know about the party! What times were the parks open till? The app isn’t showing yet
Old 21 Oct 21, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Originally Posted by teallach View Post
I was only checking for 1 night (for 2 days passes) in case things were a bit mad. Not sure I can justify an extra Ł1000 for a week at RPR when this holiday is an ‘extra’😁 They were all showing availability for the week when I booked on Sunday and it doesn’t seem to be a problem for 1 night but we’ll probably book soon if we do decide to go for it
Yes I've had a further look out of curiosity, we can hand pick the odd night at the odd resort but no chance of stringing more than 3 nights together.

But if you have seen the prices for the unlimited express passes! $249 per person per day! You could justify it even as an overlap with another resort you were in.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It gets really busy Xmas Eve (doesn’t seem too bad before that apart from the malls which are mental) and keeps really busy until early Jan.
Old 21 Oct 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by teallach View Post
Ooh, didn’t know about the party! What times were the parks open till? The app isn’t showing yet
It was called EVE, which went on til 2am and the parks stayed open til 1am. As I said before they sectioned off a giant area of City Walk for private entry and food was included. Each of the bars/restaurant had their own specialties and dancing areas, then a massive countdown and dance floor near Antijitos. Everyone got a glass of champagne for the bells and they had some well known DJ doing the countdown.

We found out that at the stroke of midnight the Americans seem to be done, whereas we were just getting warmed up, haha. People in the parks seemed to only hang around for the fireworks then leave, which gave us an hour to ride everything! We were at Volcano Bay at 9am the next morning to shake off the hangover 🤣

Edited at 10:52 AM.
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lemmiwinkles View Post
It was called EVE, which went on til 2am and the parks stayed open til 1am. As I said before they sectioned off a giant area of City Walk for private entry and food was included. Each of the bars/restaurant had their own specialties and dancing areas, then a massive countdown and dance floor near Antijitos. Everyone got a glass of champagne for the bells and they had some well known DJ doing the countdown.

We found out that at the stroke of midnight the Americans seem to be done, whereas we were just getting warmed up, haha. People in the parks seemed to only hang around for the fireworks then leave, which gave us an hour to ride everything! We were at Volcano Bay at 9am the next morning to shake off the hangover 🤣

Ha ha, you sound hardcore. Unfortunately, flying in on the 30th might go against us with Hogmanay being our first full day! Having said that, perhaps a wee afternoon power nap followed by a Fat Tuesday’s with extra shot might give us the boost we need😂 Travelling with our 15 year old niece (her first time) so going to be feeling our age as it is trying to keep up with her!