Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Oct 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I have a Tassimo lounging in the cupboard , the coffee doesn't come out warm enough for me and as I don't drink hot chocolate or really milky coffee it was probably not a good buy.
I bought a Dolce Gusto Piccolo for £10 off Gumtree and that served me well , sold it at a car boot for £15 when I bought the Tassimo
One of DH clients has an all singing all dancing Nespresso machine which DH says is good , but no more gadgets for us!
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Dolce gusto, but get the one with the liquid gage on it 👍
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

im not a coffee drinker but we have krups nesspresso machine

my mrs swears by it

uses Aldi no7 pods

Edited at 02:49 PM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We had a Tassimo and replaced it with a Nespresso when it broke. We have a Virtuo and order the pods on line which usually arrive the next day, and the used pods are collected at the same time. We found the Tassimo coffee wasn’t warm enough for us and the Nespresso is just right.
Old 22 Oct 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

We have a Nespresso vertuo now but have had other models before this one.
Coffee is nice and hot, lots of capsule choice (I have peppermint twist and gingerbread on the go at the moment) but the milk frother (aeroccino) is a must if you like Coffees with milk.
We have had a tassimo and a dolce gusto years ago but found Nespresso coffee is better.
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I use to have a Tassimo and ended up giving that to my daughter when I treated myself to a bean to cup coffee machine.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ryanlaur
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mostlybobbins View Post
I can highly recommend the Nespresso CitiZ. Use it every day working from home.
We have this too and use it daily... can highly recommend! We had a dolce gusto machine prior to this but much prefer our Nespresso CitiZ.
ryanlaur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

We had Tassimo but change to Nespresso Vertuo during lock down wouldn't go back to Tassimo now the Vertuo coffee is much nicer. We use a milk frother bought Aldi's own for £20 does exactly the same as the aerochino but much cheaper and has a 3 year guarantee
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I have a Nespresso Creatista Plus. It does the usual Nespresso pod to espresso/lungo that all the Nespresso original line machines do, but also comes with a milk steaming wand so that I can steam milk for lattes/cappuccinos/etc. It was expensive but I now spend far less at Starbucks (mainly as I can now make lattes/cappuccinos/etc at home that are as good or better than what I used to buy at Starbucks) so I think it works out perhaps?

Nespresso actually has two main lines of coffee pods. One is the original line with smaller capsules that are best for making espresso based drinks. The other is the Vertuo line with larger capsules that apparently work better for making other types of coffee drinks, but I'm not familiar with this line...
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Another vote for Nespresso. I prefer the classic to vertuo since there's a better variety of after market pods available. And this over the other brands since I can choose and froth my own milk, rather than have it powdered in the pod.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List