Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Sep 19, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Is there a way of filtering restaurants so they are in price order(ish)?

Just going through my reservations for December and I’m trying to get an idea in my head of which meal we are going to pay oop for. We have one 2 credit meal booked so at the moment one of our meals will need to paid for oop. I know I can look at all menus online individually, but I am trying to find a way of filtering them so they are in roughly price order.

I suppose the alternative is that I make a decision that over the course of the holiday there will be 4 meals we will pay oop for, this splitting the bill by using 3 credits and one payment?

We’ve Boma booked for the last meal and I’m pretty certain it’ll be more expensive than other meals so don’t want to pay oop for it.

Just thinking out loud really, but any suggestions would be appreciated!

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bearandbuzz View Post
Just going through my reservations for December and I’m trying to get an idea in my head of which meal we are going to pay oop for. We have one 2 credit meal booked so at the moment one of our meals will need to paid for oop. I know I can look at all menus online individually, but I am trying to find a way of filtering them so they are in roughly price order.

I suppose the alternative is that I make a decision that over the course of the holiday there will be 4 meals we will pay oop for, this splitting the bill by using 3 credits and one payment?

We’ve Boma booked for the last meal and I’m pretty certain it’ll be more expensive than other meals so don’t want to pay oop for it.

Just thinking out loud really, but any suggestions would be appreciated!
Don’t think there’s any way to order them on the Disney site. Given how every dish is a different price it’s probably impossible to do it.

As a rule of thumb, signatures are about 1.5 times the price of 1 credits. If you need to pay for 2 credits worth out of pocket it’s worth paying for the signature normally.

If you only need to pay for one meal, I wouldn’t over think it too much. Just pick one and pay for it. There’s not enough of a price difference between the meals to make it worth all the time and effort to figure out imo.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post

There is no ranking of restaurants that I am aware of. However you can use this tool distripplanner which uses average meal costs to work out which meals you would be best paying OOP for if short on credits.

However, my advice is to leave it until late in the trip before paying OOP as plans change as you go along. One day I will take my own advice because so far I have always paid for the cheap restaurant at the start of the trip and ended up with credits over.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
There is no ranking of restaurants that I am aware of. However you can use this tool distripplanner which uses average meal costs to work out which meals you would be best paying OOP for if short on credits.

However, my advice is to leave it until late in the trip before paying OOP as plans change as you go along. One day I will take my own advice because so far I have always paid for the cheap restaurant at the start of the trip and ended up with credits over.
Thank you for this, it’s just what I was looking for.

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List