Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Sep 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

The great thing about IOA and US is that you can nip out to citywalk, grab some lunch and then straight back in.

There's a small food court for a cheaper lunch. It's up the stairs by Voodoo donuts. There's a burger king, panda express, a mexican fast food place and across the walkway a pretty good sandwich place. Pretty much all of them will be better and cheaper than eating in the parks.
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
What is my this like? It says it’s votes beat reataruant in theme park- is it and if so why?
Mythos is a very cold restaurant do not go to it after water rides if you are wet as you will freeze.

Make a reservation if you are going at a peak time. People were waiting for 45 mins for lunch while we were there August 23rd.

zomatobook/widget/uo...x?id=O7S175ASN

You can cancel without charge.

Our food and server were good. We have been three times and we usually get the Pad Thai which hasn't changed much over the years.

I am not sure it deserves awards but it seems to be a hit with the critics.
themeparkinsider/awards/
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I think Universal parks are the weakest for food - and that may be because Citywalk is so good and varied outside.

I’ve not tried the Simpson’s quick service places but heard good things mind and will try when I’m there next week. The two potter restaurants I’ve tried and they’re just...fine.

At IOA I’d probs rather just leave the park at lunch/dinner and head for somewhere on city walk
Old 8 Sep 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Last time we went to Burger Digs in the Jurassic Park area. It wasn’t too bad at all but standard food. Somewhere different that I don’t see mentioned too often is Croissant Moon Bakery near the entrance. Nice sandwiches and cakes and a nice change from burgers etc. I have reports of both in my 2019 and 2017 food reports in my signature below.

Edited at 01:11 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We really enjoyed Mythos. We had steak and risotto-both lovely. Service was good. Some nice beers and cocktails were had. We had booked and were pretty much straight in. It was cold though so agree do not go in post water rides as we did.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

We ate at Burger digs this time and the food was good - burgers but that suited us the kids didn't fancy anything at thunder falls. Have previously eaten at croissant moon (usually for breakfast) and Mythos and we really like both
Old 9 Sep 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

The chocolate emporium if you have a sweet tooth! But that’s city walk again😁 They have a lovely savoury menu too !
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
We enjoy Mythos each time we go and have never had a bad meal or service. We always book and have tended to go as late as possible so that it’s our main meal of the day.
They take last bookings for 3 or 3.30pm as it closes early (even when the parks are open late in our experience). I would avoid the last booking time though as we did this in May and were the last table occupied - they started cleaning the place whilst we were still there - no pressure to get out lol!

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Mythos and cowfish were the only 2 big (and I mean big) let downs we ever had at universal's

for a sit down lunch in IoA we like confisco grill
for a quick service, probably the harry potter one
the krusty burger is a good option if you eat outside of busy hours
3 weeks ago, we wanted to eat there, there was a huge line, just to enter the queue at the registers ... we gave up and went to diagon alley instead where we ordered and were to our table within minutes ...
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List