Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Sep 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

thank you everyone for the replies- I think deluxe dining might be a bit OTT, I will have to do the maths in April and work out what would be the best way to go

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

You could work out where you would eat if you didn’t have any dining plan and do the maths for the food and of course the cocktails! Then price up the hotels to see which works out the best. AKL is gorgeous and to some people the resort and room are important, but when you are hardly in them and your not bothered them I think the values are the way to go (more when there is no dining offers on perhaps) I think the theming is fun and it’s a bed to sleep in, spend the extra cash on cocktails!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
You could work out where you would eat if you didn’t have any dining plan and do the maths for the food and of course the cocktails! Then price up the hotels to see which works out the best. AKL is gorgeous and to some people the resort and room are important, but when you are hardly in them and your not bothered them I think the values are the way to go (more when there is no dining offers on perhaps) I think the theming is fun and it’s a bed to sleep in, spend the extra cash on cocktails!
the extra cash saved is definitely going on cocktails AKL was perfect for our honeymoon and I would stay again in a heartbeat but I'm thinking of being near Springs this time so POFQ (or SSR if the price difference is small). I am open to a Value though too and having more spends. In hindsight I think deluxe dining might be OTT when considering the tips bill would double

2025- Seville

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
the extra cash saved is definitely going on cocktails AKL was perfect for our honeymoon and I would stay again in a heartbeat but I'm thinking of being near Springs this time so POFQ (or SSR if the price difference is small). I am open to a Value though too and having more spends. In hindsight I think deluxe dining might be OTT when considering the tips bill would double
We really loved POFQ, I think you would enjoy the food there. Never done SSR but have walked to it from DS just to have a nosey, I preferred the look of OKW but I think it’s a fab location for DS. I think Brett would enjoy the theming at All Stars, full on Disney fun! I did think your tip bill would be a bit mental, those gorgeous cocktails soon rack it up...
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
We really loved POFQ, I think you would enjoy the food there. Never done SSR but have walked to it from DS just to have a nosey, I preferred the look of OKW but I think it’s a fab location for DS. I think Brett would enjoy the theming at All Stars, full on Disney fun! I did think your tip bill would be a bit mental, those gorgeous cocktails soon rack it up...
I am leaning towards POFQ but we loved the QS breakfast we had at All Star Music and I actually think it was better than Mara at AKL so definitely open to the All Stars.

We were lucky enough to get a $400 gift card in the offer ATD did so that covered the dining plan tips this year pretty much bang on. If we did deluxe dining it would be like $800 in tips that's pretty eyewatering so I'm thinking of just sticking to standard! oh yeah the cocktails soon add up, think a round of 2 in Disney and Universal is pushing $30 with tip

2025- Seville

Old 13 Sep 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

10 nights CBR Std with upgrade from free QSDP to DDP worked out at £190 extra over staying at ASM and upgrading from free breakfast for us.

POR and CSR would be a bit cheaper and possibly even cheaper than value+upgrade.
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List