Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Sep 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Post chemo trip and need snack and small portion food ideas, as big meals overface me

As the title says I'm just out of chemo and after lots of battling have been given permission to fly.

So this year I get to spend my birthday in Florida, whereas last year I spent it on a ventilator fighting for my life.

I am slowly getting my taste buds back but a large plate of food definitely overfaces me.

I am now on drugs for the rest of my life, however long that may be and the odds are very firmly stacked against me, so can you give me some ideas as to snacks/smaller plate ideas of things to try.

We go next Sunday, all being well, and I'm finding it hard to get excited as we were just 6 days from flying out last year when i was rushed into hospital (only to spend almost 3 months there).

Until I'm on the plane I need to keep busy guys.

Anyone with snack/food photos/ideas please please share away and help me compile a list to carry around with me
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

The snacks at animal kingdom are our favourite. There’s quite a few of them photographed in my 2018 food report from our day there. Pulled pork fries from flametree bbq, shrimp mac n cheese, and the night blossom drink in pandora are our favourites. There are also good snack sized starters in NBC Grill in citywalk if you’re heading to Universal, plus voodoo donuts

Hope you have a fabulous trip.
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I'm so pleased for you that you get to have a better birthday this year! Kids meals can be ordered by anybody (my mum alays has them) and, although some are your basic nuggets/burger stuff, many places offer decent food. Otherwise order starters or a selection of side dishes. My veggie daughter often makes a great meal from small side dishes.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

The loaded fries you can get from various places for a snack credit might make a good small meal. I had some chilli ones from Cosmic Rays that I enjoyed.
I thought the meal bowls in Satuli Canteen were a reasonable portion size, ie sensible, not ridiculously massive, and they were very tasty.
Breadbox on City Walk was also nice, not snack size but again not huge.
Hard Rock Cafe the portions were massive, I'm a big eater and even I was put off by the size of them so I'd avoid there.

Hope you have a lovely time, it sounds like you definitely deserve a break.
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mum used to like places that did a bowl of soup and half a sandwich. Tasty and filling but not overwhelming. See the Panera link below (hopefully it opens on the ‘pick 2’ menu).

Also some places have a ‘seniors’ menu with smaller portions.

delivery.panerabread/menu/category/24

Edited at 05:39 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve had the Jacket Potatoes in Magic Kingdom as a lunch offering before now, they were a snack credit on the dining plan a couple of years ago😀
I second the pulled pork fries in AK.
There is also Nomad Lounge in AK where they do small plates, drinks and a comfy seat for a while whilst the world passes you by!

Wishing you a lovely trip
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Some of the kids meals might suit too, my DD, 21, had a kids grilled cheese sandwich meal at Woodys lunch box in TSL. It was just half of an adult version, 1 slice of bread cut in half with cheese, some potato tots and a clementine.

Hope you have a great holiday, sounds like you deserve it.
pompeyboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
The snacks at animal kingdom are our favourite. There’s quite a few of them photographed in my 2018 food report from our day there. Pulled pork fries from flametree bbq, shrimp mac n cheese, and the night blossom drink in pandora are our favourites. There are also good snack sized starters in NBC Grill in citywalk if you’re heading to Universal, plus voodoo donuts

Hope you have a fabulous trip.
Just had a read of your food report and OMG those pulled pork fries are top of my list! Thank you
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609

Going to have a look at the kids menus I think
Old 8 Sep 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

DD loved "pink drink" in starbucks, very refreshing ! Wishing you a great trip and a happy birthday. X