Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Sep 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We use every single credit each time and we buy in breakfasts and eat offsite a few times!

At the end of the day if you have a few left use them to bring snacks home, don't spend the holiday restricting yourself as to where to go and how much to eat.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I also find it strange that people don’t use all their credits. We used either a snack credit for an early breakfast and then an early QS lunch and a letter ts dinner. This left 1 snack each for drinks or treats. If we used a QS for breakfast, we just had a snack at lunchtime and then used our ts for dinner. If you go to a couple of 2credit ts restaurants you also use your credits up quickly. Depends on how you eat of course. At the end of the day, as long as you got it for free, I don’t think it matters if you use them all or not.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We ended up with a lot left- we were a party of 7 and often shared QS meals- kids preferred adult options but too large alone, my mum has a small appetite. We often used snacks for breakfast but 2-3 portions of beignets at POFQ was all we needed between us. Snacks varied greatly- part of the issue was long queues for snacks put us off bothering. One large meal a day in the heat with the odd snack and a few QS between us was enough. I think as the kids get older it won't be a big issue-also mum not coming next time. I would recommend using your snack for anything you can- don;t worry too much about value. However we had no issue spending them on sweets/chocolate/mints to take home. Saved us money on presents for family as well. i suspect on our next trip we'll have a lot less left over. Going to really miss the beignet breakfast.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
I’d struggle with breakfast, lunch and dinner ‘out’ every day 😊
Well the dining plan credits only give you two of the three each day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Well the dining plan credits only give you two of the three each day.
Yes, someone else already let me know that - I’d not read their post properly (and don’t know the intricacies of DDP being an ‘off-siter’ )
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
It’s the very reason we don’t have it. We did have it once but couldn’t use all of the credits
We don’t have two cooked meals a day at home and in the heat we never have the appetite for snacks. It can be too much food.
I use snack credits for cold drinks and fresh fruit.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I do as many signature restaurants as I can, use the snacks for breakfast but mostly at Food & Wine Festival, and the quick service credits fill the gaps! At the end of my last trip, I had 3 QS credits left, converted them to 9 snacks and brought back lots of candies from Goofy's Candy Company.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I don’t think we will struggle as we will be doing offsite restaurants the week before and only eating in Disney for our week when we are at POFQ. That being said we do tend to over estimate what we will eat every time we order take away or go out for dinner and there’s loads left 😂 I think we may have the odd snack credit left but then maybe not as we will use them on coffee etc. Everyone’s different tho, I know my mum would really struggle with the amount of food!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
we sometimes have a few left over but we just get snacks and drinks to take to our next hotel with us or if we were flying home we would get sweets to bring home - also dont worry too much about the value of what im getting esp on snacks if want a drink or some popcorn ill get it - we get the qsddp and works out well

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Erm... we are greedy, we need all our credits 😂
On a serious note though we don’t eat in the room or eat outside Disney whilst in the DDP. Apart from my 6 year old my other two children need adult portions (16 & 13)
Last year we had the odd snack credit left and just got some ‘create your own treat’ at goofys.
I admit to having a little giggle when I read trip reports and people have had cereal (brought from UK) to eat in the room and paid for certain items because they have not been a good credit value then they are left with loads of credits left over and end up panic buying sweets etc
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List