Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Sep 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Adult ordering children’s meals

Hi. I’m having a gastric band fitted in 2 weeks and am wondering if I can order from the children’s menu in restaurants over there (buffets not included)?
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

at buffets you'll pay the adult price, no matter what you eat (or use adult TS credit if on the DDP)
there is no separate child or adult buffet, anyone can eat whatevert they like

at other TS venues, you can order off the child menu, (a child meal) if you want.
If you're using a TS credit, and order from the child menu, they might get you an adult version (bigger plate ) of the child entrée

so make sure you explain that it's just a matter of quantity, and you want a small portion, hence you order off the child meal

I know many people will object wasting food, so would I, but children menus may not be the healthiest way to go in your situation

you may get healthier options, by ordering adult menus, and only picking some from it.

Mac'n'cheese, burgers, grilled cheese sandwich, or chicken&pasta will only get you so far ... you might want something else, more "adult" so to speak
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lardyboy
Getting Excited

My wife has a gastric band and she found it difficult at first ordering large means and then getting funny looks from the staff as she had left loads on her plate, as if she didn't like the food. Eventually, she took to telling the servers that she had a gastric band as the Americans seem to be a little more accepting and open about stuff like that. She did consider the child's menu, but instead, often went for two starters, or a single starter served at the same time as our main course.
lardyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Florida 4
Helping Donald

You can always order an adult meal and get the leftovers "to go". No one bats an eyelid at taking food home in a box, and I often had my leftovers for lunch the next day! You can also share a main meal, we often do that. It`s also perfectly acceptable to have a starter as your mains
I hate wasting food, and the portions are huge, but there`s plenty of ways round it
Fab Florida 4 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I have had a band for a very long time and now have a bypass. I have ordered from kids menu, adult starter menu, over 55 menu (tend to be smaller portions). I have never had any issues. We are very conscious of it but I am betting the servers hear anything and everything in their line of work. They genuinely dont bother in my experience
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List