Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Sep 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Best signature for an anniversary?

My husband and I have our anniversary while we are in Florida. We have DxDDP and had planned to go go Wine Bar George (not a signature) for our evening meal, but now I’m wondering if it will be special or wow enough. I had thought about Morimoto Asia for dinner but have plan planned for lunch while it’s only 1TS.

What would you say are your most wow/favourite signature restaurants and why? Husband is no use, he’s all ‘I’ll go where you want to go!’
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

California grill or yachtsman, both really nice and you can watch the fireworks at MK from the California which will be a nice end to your meal
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I’d probably say Jiko or Yachtsman.
Yachtsman was a huge surprise for us. I wasn’t expecting much as I’d read a few poor reviews last year.
However, absolutely one of our best meals.
The setting seemed more intimate than Jiko actually, the food excellent and the service slick.
What I dislike about Disney restaurants is the noise!
They’re big spaces and you’re aware of it IMO.
Not so at the Yachtsman.
We were on DXDDP too and some of the more popular options were really not our favourites
Monsieur Paul is excellent but we had rubbish service.
The guy was so sweet and I felt a bit sorry for him but he really was a terrible server!

Toledo despite being 1 credit would also be a good choice. It’s a lovely setting but not quite as intimate
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

The Flying Fish is a lovely restaurant.
Fine dining in a beautiful setting and you can go for a wander around the Boardwalk after your meal.

We're planning to return for my birthday next year whilst on the DxDDP.
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I’d probably say Jiko or Yachtsman.
Yachtsman was a huge surprise for us. I wasn’t expecting much as I’d read a few poor reviews last year.
However, absolutely one of our best meals.
The setting seemed more intimate than Jiko actually, the food excellent and the service slick.
What I dislike about Disney restaurants is the noise!
They’re big spaces and you’re aware of it IMO.
Not so at the Yachtsman.
We were on DXDDP too and some of the more popular options were really not our favourites
Monsieur Paul is excellent but we had rubbish service.
The guy was so sweet and I felt a bit sorry for him but he really was a terrible server!

Toledo despite being 1 credit would also be a good choice. It’s a lovely setting but not quite as intimate
I agree with all of this.

I rule out California Grill for a romantic intimate meal because it’s very noisy and I don’t like the ambiance.

I would also suggest Flying Fish (though that also tends to be a bit noisy).
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi for us our favourites are narcoosses and the yachtsman. Narcoosses followed by fireworks either on decking or into park. Yachtsman followed by a few drinks in jelly rolls piano bar, the guys there are fantastic.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Can't beat Cali Grill when they are on form but I would recommend booking for 30 mins after the fireworks start. Check in before them, go up and watch then a mass exit of tables who had lingered takes place and you can hopefully enjoy a relaxing meal.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I agree with all of this.

I rule out California Grill for a romantic intimate meal because it’s very noisy and I don’t like the ambiance.

I would also suggest Flying Fish (though that also tends to be a bit noisy).
We didn’t do Flying Fish this time. OH really liked it last time but we decided to try new things.
I wish we’d gone there instead of Citricos!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

We skipped dinner, and went straight yo dessert @toothsome 👍 sorry not a ddp.

We should have shared. 🤣🤣😂
Old 14 Sep 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

California grill brunch
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List