Notices

Old 19 Sep 16, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I thought this was meant to be a cheap holiday?! Portugal 2016

Welcome to my latest trip report
This holiday came about after we returned from an amazing 2 weeks in Florida last August. Shortly after returning we knew we wouldn't be able to go back as soon as I wanted to so to quell some of my post Disney blues we set up the task of finding a villa to return to our happy place in 2017. Mission complete we then turned our attentions on where to go for summer 2016. Now as the Florida holiday was going to be on an epic scale with us staying for 3 whole weeks we really needed to keep this holiday down in cost. No problem I say, proud of the fact I can find a bargain anywhere
Having been to Portugal many times before, most recently in 2014 it wasn't a difficult choice to go back there. We knew the area we liked, found an apartment and the rest they say is history.
Now the title of this report comes from after we returned and added up everything we spent from accommodation to flights to food to golf we realised very quickly we could have actually gone to Florida minus the parks for less than what this holiday cost
Anyway enough of my rambling on to the report index. I aim to get the days up fairly quickly as to be honest it's not the most detailed of reports you'll ever read and I failed on taking tonnes of photos but hopefully what I piece together will be worth reading

Pre-trippy
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=977138

Pre-travel day
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=984513

Travel day
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=985345

Day 1
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...8#post12017798

Day 2
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=988163

Day 3
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...3#post12098373

Edited at 10:22 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

I know this is quite old now, but where abouts in Portugal did you go? Currently looking for info
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
I know this is quite old now, but where abouts in Portugal did you go? Currently looking for info
Hi there. We stayed in a development called Vila Sol which is very close to Quarteira and about 15 mins from Vilamoura. We had a 2 bed apartment but there are also 3 beds available. Have a look on Owners Direct, that's where we booked through. Although there is a cafe, small shop and restaurant within walking distance you would need a car to reach anything else. It's very close to Faro airport, about a 20 min drive away. Another resort that we love but slightly pricier is Vale do Lobo. It's set on a golf resort with 2 bed apartments up to huge 7 bed villas dotted all around it. It's set next to the beach too, with plenty of restaurants and eateries. You wouldn't necessarily need a car when staying there.
I have been to this area of Portugal 7 times now, if you have any other questions please ask
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Hi there. We stayed in a development called Vila Sol which is very close to Quarteira and about 15 mins from Vilamoura. We had a 2 bed apartment but there are also 3 beds available. Have a look on Owners Direct, that's where we booked through. Although there is a cafe, small shop and restaurant within walking distance you would need a car to reach anything else. It's very close to Faro airport, about a 20 min drive away. Another resort that we love but slightly pricier is Vale do Lobo. It's set on a golf resort with 2 bed apartments up to huge 7 bed villas dotted all around it. It's set next to the beach too, with plenty of restaurants and eateries. You wouldn't necessarily need a car when staying there.
I have been to this area of Portugal 7 times now, if you have any other questions please ask
Thank you

I'll look into those places, is that near the algarve? I have a feeling I've seen the name Vilamoura there? I really dont want to drive though, so the second option I'll look into thank you

We are looking for a cheap deal, prefereably all inclusive and we have narrowed the options to Portugal, Malta and Croatia. Just want a rest (which means no driving for me lol) and a bit of sun
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List