Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Aug 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Hi,

How about booking the dessert party for the fireworks, it isn't cheap but you would be able to sit down so won't get jostled by people which would be good it you're feeling exhausted.

I've recently been diagnosed with arthritis in my knees & worried it'll affect my plans but like you I'm planning for all eventualities. I've booked one Disney dessert party so at least I'll get to see one set of fireworks in relative comfort

Hope you have a great time
Old 2 Sep 17, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

I don't have anything to add to the suggestions already made but just think it's brilliant that you've got such a positive attitude to finding solutions to all the possible issues, and that you're not letting your health issues hold you back. I hope you both have a fantastic time 😄😄😄
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney rent ECV scooters at a cost of $50 per day plus a $20 deposit.
These can be hired in the park and used there but not taken to anywhere else.
That way you don't need to load and unload from your own car.
They are on a first come, first served basis, maybe some other Dibber might have a better knowledge of the process?

Edited at 12:55 PM.
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
V8Pops
Dancing with Tink'

Thanks again for the positive comments...

Ridersmom...Im glad you have made a good recovery , thats the attitude ive adopted .

We are now in the 30 day window, and have researched the more " gentle " rides...its really a matter of taking some photo`s and being able to say "We went to Disney "
Im decided not to hire a scooter in advance, at least its something that can be done when we get there if necessary.. We will see how the heat + humidity affects me once in Florida.
We will have 2 days at MK as its the park my OH has always wanted to visit , just taking it easy .

Again , as a POI...my travel insurance, after weeks of checking...
has gone up like this ;
4 yrs ago ; £67
2 yrs ago ; £165
2017 ; £545
2019 ; Might have to sell some grandchildren on ebay...
V8Pops is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

It will be easiest to park at the site, I don't know where else you would park if you want convenience.
It would take you at least half an hour to make your way back to your vehicle from Main Street so you would lose an hour or more and the car would be roasting. Do what everybody else does when they need it, find a seat in the shade if you need it and have a 10 minute nap nobody else will care.
You are on holiday why do you need a quick escape? If you want to watch the fireworks then you have to accept the crowds. There will be loads of people hanging around near the ferry with exactly the same idea as you, looking for a quick exit. We just accept it and use the time to browse round the shops.