Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post

August flight prices- could I ask what you paid?

Hi all,

I have my trip to California all planned after numerous changes of itinerary following lots of forum reading!

I have been looking at flights though. Could I ask what prices people paid for this August, when booked and who with?

All my searches are bringing up prices that are much higher than I had anticipated. I just want to see if I am being totally unreasonable and have under budgeted! I was hoping for a good deal in BA's fly drive sale but they remain high (over 5k with upgraded car for 3 adults and 1 teen). Even TC flights only are over £3.5k.

I am looking at flying from Manchester (ideal) to San Francisco on or around 30th July and returning from Los Angeles on or around 17th August.

Unfortunately, due to a possible change in my other halfs rota, I need to book flights before end of November so can't wait for the possible Christmas sales.

Any details on flight prices paid gratefully received.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollytigs
Imagineer

I just paid £3000 for 2 adults, 1 teen, 1 child for LHR-LAX-LHR 10 Aug-31 Aug, flying out economy and back in premium with Air New Zealand.
Hollytigs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
fatblokeflorida
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Hi all,

I have my trip to California all planned after numerous changes of itinerary following lots of forum reading!

I have been looking at flights though. Could I ask what prices people paid for this August, when booked and who with?

All my searches are bringing up prices that are much higher than I had anticipated. I just want to see if I am being totally unreasonable and have under budgeted! I was hoping for a good deal in BA's fly drive sale but they remain high (over 5k with upgraded car for 3 adults and 1 teen). Even TC flights only are over £3.5k.

I am looking at flying from Manchester (ideal) to San Francisco on or around 30th July and returning from Los Angeles on or around 17th August.

Unfortunately, due to a possible change in my other halfs rota, I need to book flights before end of November so can't wait for the possible Christmas sales.

Any details on flight prices paid gratefully received.
We paid around £2830 for 3A + 1C (15) for a BA Flydrive direct from LGW to OAK and return with a Group E car going out on 26/7 and back on 18/8. Booked about 2 to 3 weeks ago.
fatblokeflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We paid about £2200 for 3 weeks this August for 2 adults 2 children and Group W Avis SUV. Flights were LHR to LAX. Deal was booked in their sale in September last year. A week later the cost was over double.