Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 20 Sep 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jlj View Post
Thanks Mexy02. 2 adults and a 9 year old. We don't need parking as not hiring a car. X
A lot recommend uber on here to get around so check that out as well. Nothing better than saving a few bob
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Exactly! Yes think we might use Uber. Looked at magic your way tickets but don't include memory maker - is that really needed?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Exactly! Yes think we might use Uber. Looked at magic your way tickets but don't include memory maker - is that really needed?
You can still buy it separate I think, it's cheaper in advance and you only need one package for everyone. All photopass photographers will take photos for you with your phone or camera anyway.
Disney offered their tickets at a 25% reduction last year for the first time ever so they may repeat the offer once free dining offer ends.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Any advice appreciated Dibbers Going in Feb 2018. First timers! I've tried to work this to avoid busy days, think the only clash is the Epcot visit on a Saturday. I know could maybe do with 2 days for Epcot - any suggestions?! Staying off site at Hawthorn Suites Lake BV. Please let me now what you think, thanks for reading!

Thurs 1st - Land at 15.55, unpack and food shop.
Fri 2nd - Magic Kingdom for as long as we can stay awake!
Sat 3rd - Animal Kingdom, stay for Rivers of light-time?
Sun 4th - Discovery Cove
Mon 5th - Hollywood Studios. Sci Fi Dine in restaurant 4pm. Fantasmic show 7pm.
Tues 6th - FREE DAY/OUTLET SHOPPING?
Wed 7th - Universal Studios and IOA - HARRY POTTER
Thurs 8th - Volcano Bay
Fri 9th - Kennedy Space Centre
Sat 10th - Epcot. 6pm Dine with Chip n Dale @ Garden Grill. IllumiNATIONS 9pm.
Sun 11th - Magic Kingdom, 5pm Liberty Tree Tavern. Stay for fireworks @8pm.
Mon 12th - Universal 'mop up', stay late City Walk. Eat @ Hard Rock Cafe?
Tues 13th - Aquatica
Wed 14th - Seaworld
Thurs 15th - Last look at Magic Kingdom? Fly home @ 18.35
I think it looks a bit busy and looks like a lot of tickets need to be bought! I have not been to Aquatica or Seaworld but would be tempted to drop one or both of those. I don't think one day is enough for IoA and Universal Studios, I think one day each at very minimum and possibly a third for favourite bits.

Tuesday is a good park day, I wouldn't have a rest / shopping day on a Tuesday. I try to rest / shop at the weekend or towards end of week.

We definitely did not need two days at Epcot. We easily made our way around the world showcases in one day. After that we made a couple of repeat trips just for an hour or two some evenings to do Soarin' or Test Track again and generally just to wander a little.

On that note, we did find popping to a different park in the evening would give us a second wind and a bit of variety. You seem to have some long days in the one park, if I wanted to do an evening show, I would probably plan to spend the morning and afternoon somewhere else or at least the morning (might even just have a relaxing morning).

Having said that, I am just pulling out things I would do differently, but overall it looks like it will be a very fun holiday.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Mobile

My advice, I think that is a lot to fit in. I think less is more 1st time especially if you have young children. Take your time and take it all in, leave yourself an excuse to go back!
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
munchie63
Getting Excited

its certainly a lot to fit in.

I'm planning for our 4th visit ready for next summer, and we usually do 4 day shifts..

day 1 busy park
day 2 busy park
day 3 waterpark or quieter park
day 4 rest day (or shopping) day

and repeat

seemed to work for us. Your 9yr old is going to get tired, and you are too. There is a lot of walking around, plus standing in Qs

if you can plan in a busy park on day 1 with one that has more seated shows / rides on day 2 it helps.
While you're watching little mermaid, shrek, nemo etc its a little breather.

Edited at 11:09 PM.
munchie63 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
diddyskipper
Earning More Ears

We went for the first time last year, 2 adults and 2 children aged 12 & 14. My honest advice (although I don't know how active your 9 year old is) but that itinerary looks too much.

You do need to add more rest days in, and in my experience with kids, you can't go for full days plus stay for the night time activities. It's too much. They flag and get very very grumpy.

We bought the Disney:Universal Switch ticket from Orlando Attraction tickets, so had access to all the Disney and Universal parks, plus Memory Maker. You will never be disappointed with MM, the photos are such a fantastic reminder of the holiday, and as the designated photo taker in the family, it's priceless to actually BE in some photos! This holiday includes ME Also look up Magic Shots. You'll love them!

We didn't do any other parks, and even then it was too much and we could have done with more time (if wishing only made it so)/less park days.

IOA and Universal can do with one day each, Epcot can be done in 3/4 of a day with fast passes - again just going by my step kids but they didn't like World Showcase that much. HS in my opinion needs more than half a day, taking a 9 year old into consideration. Not so great for adults going by the dibb, but my step kids really loved it.

I would definitely recommend losing Seaworld and Aquatica, maybe even Kennedy too. For this trip at least.
diddyskipper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List