Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 17 Sep 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Extra Night In AMI or Move Onto Miami?

Hi lovely peeps,

Just planning - next year. I have persuaded my family to do a few days at AMI and joy of all joy, they have agreed! I am planning 4 nights at AMI and was then thinking of 2 nights in Miami.

My dilemma is whether there will be enough to do in Miami or do we add an extra night onto AMI?

Any thoughts?

Thanks x
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We stayed in Miami for 3 nights this summer as we flew into Miami. We stayed in a lovely hotel a few minutes stroll from South Beach. We had never been to Miami before so we're unsure what there was to do there but we all had a great time.
We booked a hop on hop off two day bus tour which we used to make sure we saw all the sights and it was interesting. We also booked a millionaires boat cruise which was a lovely 90 minute cruise around the bay seeing houses we could only dream of living in!
The best thing we did was the adrenaline junkie boat ride which was such good fun! We booked all of the above through Groupon Miami so paid much less than the standard price on the website.
In addition to all of this we enjoyed strolling around looking at all the Art Deco buildings, enjoying a drink or two in some of the bars and restaurants and we spent a few hours on South Beach relaxing. Our hotel had free city bikes we could use but we just didn't have the time to use them sadly. Next time!
Miami isn't for everyone but I am very glad we have been and we really enjoyed exploring somewhere new. We felt safe the whole time we were there too.
Old 24 Sep 17, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bella Girl View Post
Hi lovely peeps,

Just planning - next year. I have persuaded my family to do a few days at AMI and joy of all joy, they have agreed! I am planning 4 nights at AMI and was then thinking of 2 nights in Miami.

My dilemma is whether there will be enough to do in Miami or do we add an extra night onto AMI?

Any thoughts?

Thanks x
I think you have that the wrong way round.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
I think you have that the wrong way round.
Personally I would do the two nights in Miami first and then have a relaxing time on AMI.
As I have freely admitted I was bored rigid in Naples! Not everybody likes the same thing.

Edited at 07:09 PM. Reason: Got rid of capital letters(didn't mean to shout)!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
Thanks for your responses. I will have a look at our itinerary again. X
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
Originally Posted by Worgie View Post
We stayed in Miami for 3 nights this summer as we flew into Miami. We stayed in a lovely hotel a few minutes stroll from South Beach. We had never been to Miami before so we're unsure what there was to do there but we all had a great time.
We booked a hop on hop off two day bus tour which we used to make sure we saw all the sights and it was interesting. We also booked a millionaires boat cruise which was a lovely 90 minute cruise around the bay seeing houses we could only dream of living in!
The best thing we did was the adrenaline junkie boat ride which was such good fun! We booked all of the above through Groupon Miami so paid much less than the standard price on the website.
In addition to all of this we enjoyed strolling around looking at all the Art Deco buildings, enjoying a drink or two in some of the bars and restaurants and we spent a few hours on South Beach relaxing. Our hotel had free city bikes we could use but we just didn't have the time to use them sadly. Next time!
Miami isn't for everyone but I am very glad we have been and we really enjoyed exploring somewhere new. We felt safe the whole time we were there too.
Which hotel did you stay at please?
Old 24 Sep 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We stayed at the Hotel Urbanica Meridian. A fabulous hotel, really quiet, clean, lovely rooms and the staff were super friendly & couldn't do enough for you. I would love to stay there again.
Old 25 Sep 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
Originally Posted by Worgie View Post
We stayed at the Hotel Urbanica Meridian. A fabulous hotel, really quiet, clean, lovely rooms and the staff were super friendly & couldn't do enough for you. I would love to stay there again.
Thank you. I will have a look
Old 29 Sep 17, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

I'm a huge AMI fan! we stayed there this summer for 14 nights and could have stayed longer.

Have a look at my trip report at the photos.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1044497
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

This summer we stayed at Margaritaville in Hollywood Beach fro two - just north of Miami. It was a great hotel. We'd planned on doing lots of sightseeing etc but the hotel was so lovely that apart from a morning driving through Miami and seeing South Beach we didn't leave the hotel!

Claire
x

2005 - Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa * 2011 - Wyndham LBV Resort * 2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV - Trip Report - Complete * 2014 - Kissimmee Villa - Trip Report - Complete * 2015 - Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - New York - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - Massachusetts Road Trip - Trip Report - Complete * 2017 - Florida Road Trip & Old Key West * 2018 - Florida Road Trip & Polynesian * 2019 - SSR, Grand Floridian & Boardwalk
Erial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List