Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
I'e only ever stayed in the Monte Carlo and loved it. Nice location on the strip, really nice bar where the food looked amazing but didn't get the chance to try it. The pool area was gorgeous and it has a lazy river and I'm sure it also had a wave pool. I'd definitely stay there again. x
Old 18 Aug 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
I'e only ever stayed in the Monte Carlo and loved it. Nice location on the strip, really nice bar where the food looked amazing but didn't get the chance to try it. The pool area was gorgeous and it has a lazy river and I'm sure it also had a wave pool. I'd definitely stay there again. x
I have had a couple of stays at MC and loved it. Sadly it is no more! All being remodeled and called Park MGM. Buffet is closing as soon as September and not reopening. Going to be more "high end". Pool was all demolished when we stayed in May and we used Mandalay Bay and MGM pool. Hotel is still open but only half of shops open and a lot of refurb going on.

Edited at 11:02 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I always thought Monte Carlo was a bland affair although I did see Lance Burton there who was awesome.

Apart from going in when it opened and then for Lance we never graced the place. Hopefully the new incarnation will be more outstanding
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by JoS View Post
I could remember recommending NYNY to you last time and sending you those pictures of the NFI bar prices there, so thought you didnt stay there! Dont think you will find much difference in the flight. Maybe an hour? Only thing I have found is trying to please so many people all at once with 6 couples can be hard, unless you all just do your own thing and meet up later. NYNY will be more fun than Luxor and a better location.
But the pool at the NYNY is awful. Tiny and with the roller coaster right over your head.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by metalguru View Post
I always thought Monte Carlo was a bland affair although I did see Lance Burton there who was awesome.

Apart from going in when it opened and then for Lance we never graced the place. Hopefully the new incarnation will be more outstanding
It was good for an average strip hotel. Got such good deals there, with resort credit that our rooms cost nothing. Basic rooms, great service and rooms very clean. Have seen pictures of the new rooms and not impressed. Of course with the new look will come the new prices and as I prefer mid strip or upwards anyway doubt I will stay there again.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
But the pool at the NYNY is awful. Tiny and with the roller coaster right over your head.
Yes had a couple of friends who had problems with roller coaster. Just depends on where you are located in the hotel I suppose. My DD stayed there and loved it. No roller coaster noise and didnt use pool.
Old 19 Aug 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
I agree about the pool .. tiny and very shaded . It's not a hotel I would pick if pool time was important .

Our room was close to the coaster but we only had a night there so it didnt bother us .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
oh noooooo i really want pool time

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post

I was in NYNY last year and pool is not the best.

Still had a couple of nice afternoons around it though, just try and gage where the sunny spots will be. It looks quite good from pool side with all the NY type towers. I get bored easy lying out in the sun so the rollercoaster kept me entertained
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
fatblokeflorida
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
It was good for an average strip hotel. Got such good deals there, with resort credit that our rooms cost nothing. Basic rooms, great service and rooms very clean. Have seen pictures of the new rooms and not impressed. Of course with the new look will come the new prices and as I prefer mid strip or upwards anyway doubt I will stay there again.
As someone planning a first trip to Vegas for next year, how/where do you find out about the good deals including resort credits? Is it just a case of keep checking each hotels website until a good offer comes up for the dates you are looking for? Just as a matter of interest, what would be considered a good deal for a mid range strip/off strip hotel mid August for around 4 nights?
fatblokeflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List