Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 16 Aug 17, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Struggling a bit with plans

Hello ! Our next trip isnt until May. Adr day is November. Plenty of time but a lot of us on here are advanced planners ! I have a list of all the things we want to do but just cant get my head around slotting it all in. How do you all make plans before emh etc released? What order do you do it all in? So like park, adr etc. When are the crowd guides out for may? I have sat down with adrs, parks etc in front of me but drew a bit of a blank! Its not like me. Thanks for any tips

Edited at 04:32 PM.
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

I start with the Dibb vacation planner, putting in the basic info, and twiddle accordingly until park hours, refurbs, busy day guides are released
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I am going end of April so similar timeframe. I'm using the current EMH schedule as a guide because it hasn't changed in ages and still appears to be the same in February which is as far forward as the hours are going at the moment.

I started with what parks I wanted to go to on which days, then slotted ADRs around that. Obviously it may have to shift depending when I can get the ADRs but I've tried to be sensible about it - putting the more popular ones later in the trip for example.

There are other crowd predictors out already for May, but I don't think the one here updates until official hours are released which is 180 days before.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kl_belle
Swimming at the All Star Resort

I would decide maybe on 'must dos' for ADR's that may help you start to form a picture of which parks you will want to visit most and what kind of time you'll need to be in parks based on whether it's breakfast/lunch/dinner. Maybe think about evening shows and water parks too and how much of a priority they are. That's how I started to work in then when opening times/EMH is released you almost have your days sorted just a case of jiggling things around. Never sticks though...I was still chopping and changing our plans a couple of weeks before we went.
kl_belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Thanks all for replies. I know I am always changing right up to last minute and am fine with that its just getting started! We have our must do adrs, parks and how many visits, water park, night time things etc. Regarding the emh schedule...so the way it is now should be the same or similar?

Edited at 08:16 PM.
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

For EMH, they could theoretically change it at any time. But it does seem that they use the same schedule for quite some time. The last significant change (Pandora bonus hours aside) I can find is removing evening EMH from HS, and that was in February.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Squaddielife
Dancing with Tink'

Hi
We go May18 too first timers. What date do you fly?
I haven't got any plan at all yet! eeek
If you're happy to share what plan you have already I'd much appreciate it
Thanks
Squaddielife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Squaddielife View Post
Hi
We go May18 too first timers. What date do you fly?
I haven't got any plan at all yet! eeek
If you're happy to share what plan you have already I'd much appreciate it
Thanks
Hi! When i say we have a bit of a plan i mean that very loosely! We fly from dublin on 1st may for 16 nights staying at port orleans french quarter. I have the adrs we want and after helpful advice on here historical emh dates and i am in the process of slotting things in! As others have said it changes a lot as the time goes on and a big work in progress! We are just doing disney with a couple of offsite trips for mostly shopping so not a massive itinerary to fit in. I have each park and how many visits we think we want , Adrs we want there, whether we need mornings, evenings. D springs, blizzard beach morning, shopping etc. Its like a weird jigsaw puzzle 😀😀
Old 17 Aug 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
For EMH, they could theoretically change it at any time. But it does seem that they use the same schedule for quite some time. The last significant change (Pandora bonus hours aside) I can find is removing evening EMH from HS, and that was in February.
Thanks i had a look and see now what you mean, thanks for advice 😀
Old 19 Aug 17, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Hello ! Our next trip isnt until May. Adr day is November. Plenty of time but a lot of us on here are advanced planners ! I have a list of all the things we want to do but just cant get my head around slotting it all in. How do you all make plans before emh etc released? What order do you do it all in? So like park, adr etc. When are the crowd guides out for may? I have sat down with adrs, parks etc in front of me but drew a bit of a blank! Its not like me. Thanks for any tips
EMH and EEH didn't come into my planning at all, I definitely don't consider them an advantage.

I have read that some people will make plans for individual days and then decide the order of those days later on. So you could start by doing that and then in November just take a punt and do the ADRs. You can always change things later. We went in May this year and I think the plan I had when we travelled was almost completely changed from the ADR plan I booked six months earlier. Honestly think the only thing that stayed the same was the lunch I booked for our first day.

I have my plan for September 2018 completed but I tweak it a little bit every weekend and I know it will need tweaking when the MNSSHP dates are out.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List