Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 30 Aug 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooks Dad
Very Serious Dibber

Thoughts on rough plan (close to booking)

Good afternoon everyone. I am back on the DIBB for the first time in three years as we decided at the weekend that we would go back to Orlando.

I have been to Orlando three times before and planned the last two trips with loads of help from you guys. We are going to the Travel Agents on Saturday so I just wanted to share the basic plan to get your comments. The plan is largely based on our last trip...

* Stay in Orlando for 3 weeks.
* First 11 nights on site - Probably Caribbean Beach - doing all Disney Parks.
* Second 10 nights off site - Staying on Universal Bvd (using Loyalty Points) with a couple of nights in Hard Rock - doing all non-Disney Parks.

* 14 Day Disney park pass
* Not sure what non-Disney Pass I need yet.
Spooks Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Are you aware Caribbean Beach is currently having major construction work? When are you planning o go ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooks Dad
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Are you aware Caribbean Beach is currently having major construction work? When are you planning o go ?
I was aware there was construction - although I am not sure I knew it was major. My wife said they were doing stuff in 2014 but I hadn't remembered.

We are looking to go in August 2018, when is it due to complete?

In fairness we only really use the room to sleep in and the restaurant for breakfast. Me and DS only went in the pool once (on night of arrival to try and stay awake).

What are they doing?

Thanks btw!
Spooks Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WillSa6
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Spooks Dad View Post
I was aware there was construction - although I am not sure I knew it was major. My wife said they were doing stuff in 2014 but I hadn't remembered.

We are looking to go in August 2018, when is it due to complete?

In fairness we only really use the room to sleep in and the restaurant for breakfast. Me and DS only went in the pool once (on night of arrival to try and stay awake).

What are they doing?

Thanks btw!
I stayed at CBR last month. The whole of Barbados and half of Martinique have been knocked down and the Riviera DVC resort is being built on that site. I have heard that the construction for it is due to complete by 2019.

The food court, shop, arcade and TS restaurant are closed, but the refurbishment work for that is supposedly due to complete by end of June 2018.

Also the new Gondola system linking CBR to Epcot is going to be built as well. I'm not sure when it is due to be completed.

TBH the construction work never affected our stay at the resort. We didn't hear any construction noise, yes you see it as you drive into the resort, but there is construction everywhere in WDW at the minute, not just CBR. The biggest inconvenience is the lack of dining facilities at the resort. There is a temporary food tent which offers buffet breakfast and dinner each day and a food truck, but hopefully the eating facilities will be back to normal by August next year.

There's a very long thread in the accommodation section about the refurb which you might want to read sometime.
WillSa6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List