Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 25 Aug 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post

1st Timer Itinerary - Staying Offsite

Hi All,

Been checking on DIBB pretty regulary over the last few months but now I'm panicking as I fly soon.

Here is my first attempt at a plan. I have tried not to plan down to the last detail but wanted to try and get some kind of plan together.

Staying offsite at Cumbrian Lakes and will be 2 Adults, 2 Kids (6,12). Also have 8 other people staying with us but not planning for them as well!

Wednesday 4th Oct - Fly LGW to MCO arrive 17:00 - villa and relax
Thursday 5th Oct - MK for as long as we can last
Friday 6th Oct - Hollywood Studios for as long as we can last
Saturday 7th Oct - AM Pool Time - PM MK Fireworks
Sunday 8th Oct - Universal Studios
Monday 9th Oct - AM Pool Time/Shopping - PM Hollywood Studios Fireworks
Tuesday 10th Oct - Volcano Bay
Wednesday 11th Oct - Animal Kingdom
Thursday 12th Oct - IOA
Friday 13th Oct -
Saturday 14th Oct - AM Villa/? - PM Animal Kingdom for Rivers of Light
Sunday 15th Oct - Left Free to return to best park?
Monday 16th Oct - AM Typhoon Lagoon - PM Epcot
Tuesday 17th Oct - Left Free to return to park of choice?
Wednesday 18th Oct - Fly Home

It will be our first time and wanted to try and leave some days unplanned to return to parks we really liked.

After some feedback on anything we may have missed or if we should move stuff around?

Thanks for your help
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Looks pretty good to me.

Although, you will need another visit to Epcot. I would get to Epcot for opening on the 13th and do Futureworld, then get the monorail over to MK after lunch to do a few hours there.
On your evening visit to Epcot, do your tier 1 FP and have a nice stroll around the World Showcase and let the kids do an agent p mission.

Remember the 9th is Colombus day, so a lot of places will be busy. if you're planning on going to the outlets, get there early, as parking will be a struggle.

Have a great trip.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Agree with MM, more Epcot time needed for definite.
It's a 2 day park really , I would do a fullish day there on the 13th
I would suspect you would want to a split IOA/us day on your first free day to mope up on things / re-do the best bits.
And then your last day would be an Epcot morning followed by MK in the evening for final fireworks memories
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds good thanks. Is Epcot really worth 2 trips? Having looked we weren't even sure whether to do Epcot at all? Test track looks appealing is Epcot all that? Happy for any advice from people who have been.

Many thanks as well for the feedback... would be nice to finish with a MK fireworks on the last Tuesday but its MNSSHP so not an option sadly.
Old 28 Aug 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel88
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Goldenshilling View Post
Sounds good thanks. Is Epcot really worth 2 trips? Having looked we weren't even sure whether to do Epcot at all? Test track looks appealing is Epcot all that? Happy for any advice from people who have been.

Many thanks as well for the feedback... would be nice to finish with a MK fireworks on the last Tuesday but its MNSSHP so not an option sadly.
We really enjoy the World Showcase and always give ourselves a day to walk around. Future World you can do in a few hours. The only rides we bother with there at Test Track, Soaring and Living with the Land.
Ariel88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Looks like you're getting lots of good advice on the specifics, so thought I'd throw in my top 10 tips* for a first timer:

1) Enjoy it! Both the planning and the during!

2) You could plan each individual complete day that you want to do, and then decide on the order that you will do these days later

3) Be flexible and allow time for R&R. Be realistic and don't torture yourself to have everything be "perfect".

4) Most first timers will primarily stick with the parks and that's fine ... though is so much to offer beyond Disney too (see the Beyond the Parks section of the forum

5) Use the forum to work out where things have gone well for others ... and less well so you can avoid the same mistakes.

6) If you see something you like: whether it's a ride to go on, a restaurant to eat at, a souvenir to buy, a beach to visit, a hotel/resort/villa to stay at in future, make a note of it, and keep all these things in the one place to make planning easier.

7) Make sure the 'building blocks' are in place - things like flights, accommodation as well as passport, ESTAs, travel money, driver's licence, credit card in driver's name if hiring a car etc. There are lots of threads as to how to do all this. I'd also include in that anything you can get sorted before you go that will save you time while you are there, and anything that needs sorting on this side of the Atlantic!

8) Travel light, as you may well bring back more than you came with!

9) Part of the fun can be in not knowing what is coming. Knowing what happens on each attraction / ride may spoil the fun!

10) A holiday to Florida is a holiday of a lifetime ... but also somewhere to take a lifetime of holidays. (Schmaltzy I know!) So don't necessarily try and do everything this time, as there is always next time!

* this is a work-in-progress and my first go at this, so will evolve over time!
Old 6 Sep 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone for the advice. Seems like I could spend forever planning what days to go and what to do on each day!

Ive made some changes...do you think this looks better?Changes are in Bold

Wednesday 4th Oct - Fly LGW to MCO arrive 17:00 - villa and relax
Thursday 5th Oct - MK for as long as we can last
Friday 6th Oct - Animal Kingdom for as long as we can last
Saturday 7th Oct - AM Pool Time - PM MK Fireworks
Sunday 8th Oct - Universal Studios
Monday 9th Oct - Hollywood Studios - All Day
Tuesday 10th Oct - Volcano Bay
Wednesday 11th Oct - Epcot
Thursday 12th Oct - IOA
Friday 13th Oct - Universal & IOA Mop Up
Saturday 14th Oct - AM Villa/ - PM Animal Kingdom for Rivers of Light
Sunday 15th Oct - Left Free to return to best park?
Monday 16th Oct - AM Typhoon Lagoon - PM Epcot
Tuesday 17th Oct - Left Free to return to park of choice?
Wednesday 18th Oct - Fly Home

This gives me:

1.5 Days in MK
1.5 Days in AK
1.5 Days in EP
1.0 Days in HS
1.5 Days in US
1.5 Days in IOA
1 Day in VB
1 Day in TL
2 Spare Days for returns or other activities
Old 6 Sep 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
i_am_armo
Apprentice Imagineer

i would maybe swap 5th for the 6th as AK is easier than MK for a first day. However looking at your dates and the plan according to the busy day guide you have it the right way round. Just a thought .

What about disneyworld.disney.go/en...lloween-party/ - really worth it for Halloween.

i_am_armo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post

You are arriving the day after myself Here is my rough plan of action

3rd Flying
4th Epcot
5th Discovery Cove
6th Animal Kingdon
7th Tythoon Lagoon
8th Magic Kingdom
9th * Day off * Columbus Day
10th Universal Studios
11th Volcano Bay
12th Islands of Adventure
13th Blizard Beach
14th Holywood Studios
15th Seaworld
16th Aquatica
17th Home

Enjoy your stay!
Old 11 Sep 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

Can you do both US and IOA in one day? We enjoyed riding the Hogwarts express and you can only do this if you have a park hopper.

We love Epcot and during our stay (21 days) we go at least 3 times if not 4, our DD & DS love walking round the world showcase

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List