Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Sep 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

OMG! Booked a west coast trip! Help!

So excited - following the Florida glitch thread and saw a Dibber had a good deal flying in and out of Oakland near San Fransisco.
Had a look for my dates and got a flydrive 2Ad 2 children (15 and 13) for £2800. This included 4 weeks of car hire, so I am pleased!

Never thought about West Coast before - so I need tips and help planning a 4 week trip! Help!
Old 10 Sep 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kess
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

That's fab! What dates are you going?

Are you planning on driving around much?

3 years ago we did a west coast trip and it was fantastic... we flew in and out of LAX but did, San Diego, Palm Springs, kingsman, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Death Valley, mammoth lakes, San Francisco, pismo beach, Hollywood and Anaheim... in that order lol
This was with our 3 children who at the time were 8, 11 & 12 and all had the most amazing time...

Wherever you decide I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time.
Old 11 Sep 17, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kess View Post
That's fab! What dates are you going?

Are you planning on driving around much?

3 years ago we did a west coast trip and it was fantastic... we flew in and out of LAX but did, San Diego, Palm Springs, kingsman, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Death Valley, mammoth lakes, San Francisco, pismo beach, Hollywood and Anaheim... in that order lol
This was with our 3 children who at the time were 8, 11 & 12 and all had the most amazing time...

Wherever you decide I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time.
Planning on driving about- I'm thinking San Francisco, Yosemite, LA, Monterey. We have 4 weeks so think we could see a few places.
I'm
A bit nervous about accommodation as I know it can be more expensive on the west coast.
Any help and advice will be gratefully received!
Old 11 Sep 17, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The west coast is an amazing destination, you'll have a great time I'm sure. You will find plenty of info and advice over on the West Coast Forum, ask one of the Mods to move your thread across.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Just back from SF and Yosemite, loved them both. I would suggest staying at Fishermans Wharf, so handy for all the touristy stuff. Also, took 4.5houds to drive to Yosemite, much longer than I thought it would take. If at all possible, try to do Yosemite during the week, avoid weekend busynes.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi. Who did you book with?
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dizzymcfarlane View Post
Hi. Who did you book with?
Hi- we booked fly drive with BA
26th July- 25th august

Please could a mod put this on a west coast forum?
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
Just back from SF and Yosemite, loved them both. I would suggest staying at Fishermans Wharf, so handy for all the touristy stuff. Also, took 4.5houds to drive to Yosemite, much longer than I thought it would take. If at all possible, try to do Yosemite during the week, avoid weekend busynes.
Thanks- have you any hotel recommendations?
Old 15 Sep 17, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I did trip report on south California from this summer. We will probably be back in few years to visit the northern part.

We loved it!
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Can I suggest Pismo Beach. We stayed here for a couple of nights and would love to go back.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List