Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Sep 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosieloosie
Apprentice Imagineer

How many days to spend in Palm Springs?

At the end of our 2 week trip to Vegas in JUne next year we thought we would have a few relaxing days at Palm Springs as we are flying back from LAX, we have a full spare week after 2 in Vegas and can't decide how many days we should do in Palm Springs? Is there much to do there? We would like to chill around the pool but not for a full day! We also would lie to visit the aerial tramway but what else is there?

And could we make it to LAX in time for lunchtime to drop off the car for our fight home or should we stay closer to LAX, we fly back on a Monday so I'm expecting heavy traffic?
Goosieloosie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Personally, I would think a week in Palm Springs (if relaxing by the pool ain't your thing) may be a bit long, I'd be using two or three max, then taking the rest at San Diego.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosieloosie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by UncleLatch View Post
Personally, I would think a week in Palm Springs (if relaxing by the pool ain't your thing) may be a bit long, I'd be using two or three max, then taking the rest at San Diego.
Oh sorry I didn't mean we would spend the whole week in Palm Springs lol! I didn't explain very well did I I mean't we have a full week left and were thinking of 3 or 4 days in Palm Springs but not really sure what there is to do there apart from the aerial tramway? We hadn't got as far as thinking what to do with the remaining few days we have but San Diego is now an option thanks
Goosieloosie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goosieloosie View Post
Oh sorry I didn't mean we would spend the whole week in Palm Springs lol! I didn't explain very well did I I mean't we have a full week left and were thinking of 3 or 4 days in Palm Springs but not really sure what there is to do there apart from the aerial tramway? We hadn't got as far as thinking what to do with the remaining few days we have but San Diego is now an option thanks
Ah, gotcha! I think there's a decent aviation museum in Palm Springs that's worth a visit?
You could do at lot worse than 4 days or so in San Diego to finish your holiday. Great city.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We recently drove from Vegas to Palm springs for a 3 night stay. Visited the Aerial Tramway and Joshua Tree NP both amazing places. Would recommend dinner at Sammy G's and Zin.
AlexE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosieloosie
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you both for the replies. Still can't decide 3 or 4 nights in Palm Springs and I'm guessing any longer would be too much?
Old 13 Sep 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goosieloosie View Post
Thank you both for the replies. Still can't decide 3 or 4 nights in Palm Springs and I'm guessing any longer would be too much?
Would be for me, but others may disagree. I'd be itching to drive on to San Diego...
Old 14 Sep 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

The aerial tramway is great and not to be missed. We found Palm Springs unbelievably hot and could not sit by the pool etc. Therefore four days are too much I think. There are premium outlets about 20 miles away if you like shopping.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We did one night in Palm Springs in May and it definitely wasn't enough, I would have loved 2-3 nights to explore more.

What I would say though is allow for how hot it is! It was over 100 degrees when we were there, I couldn't even bring myself to sit in the sun when around the pool!

Definitely recommend going to see the Joshua Tree National Park if you have time, was a highlight of our trip!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
red cuillen
Excited about Disney

Depends what you want to do! Tramway a must, and there is a nice walk which gives good views of the valley from the top (valley 30degC, on top 8 deg C last April). Desert Hot springs for an afternoon soak? Joshua Tree for a drive and an early morning guided walk? Afternoon shopping? We drove back to Anaheim on a sunday, well not so much a drive, more a crawl, but then had our last few nights at a place called Disneyland! https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/ima...lies/spin2.gif Good place to end a holiday in my view, and not too far to get back to LAX. Enjoy!

Edited at 10:51 AM.
red cuillen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List