Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Flight price/advice please

Hi
What price is reasonable for flying into SF and out of LV or LA?
Been getting prices around £580 indirect which seems high (too used to the Florida bargains we have had in recent years!)
I don't want to miss an opportunity but don't want to pay over.
We are looking at flying out mid July and bk the start of Aug.
Trying to get it booked as the planning on where to go and what to see is overwhelming, be prepared for the questions
TIA

Edited at 10:10 AM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

West coast is nearly twice the distance of the east coast. That price is pretty reasonable (without knowing the route or time of year).
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
West coast is nearly twice the distance of the east coast. That price is pretty reasonable (without knowing the route or time of year).
Do you think so? Are they ever like £350?
We are going around 12 July until the start of Aug and would like to fly:
Man - San Fran
Las Vegas - Man

This is why I turn to you guys as I really have no clue and I could be finding bargains but not know
What would you say I'm looking at for direct, indirect and car so I know when a bargain pops up? Sorry for q's car hire seems expensive so a flydrive might work out cheaper
TIA
Old 24 Sep 17, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Do you think so? Are they ever like £350?
We are going around 12 July until the start of Aug and would like to fly:
Man - San Fran
Las Vegas - Man

This is why I turn to you guys as I really have no clue and I could be finding bargains but not know
What would you say I'm looking at for direct, indirect and car so I know when a bargain pops up? Sorry for q's car hire seems expensive so a flydrive might work out cheaper
TIA
We have just booked our flights - we are going end July to mid August (school holidays) Gatwick to Oakland and then back from Los Angeles to Heathrow. This came in at £3200 including an upgrade to full size SUV for 3 adults and 1 teen. We will be travelling from Leeds to London by train and stopping overmight in Gatwick the night before we leave (Premier Inn, really good value). The flights are direct, just over 10 hours. We looked at flying from Manchester but it worked out about £1500 to £2k more plus many were indirect flights so journey time was 17 to 19 hours in some cases . We may have got cheaper in the December sales but for various reasons we needed to book by November. I am happy with the price paid and am now busy booking hotels! (All of which I can cancel if I find them cheaper later).
Happy planning!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
We have just booked our flights - we are going end July to mid August (school holidays) Gatwick to Oakland and then back from Los Angeles to Heathrow. This came in at £3200 including an upgrade to full size SUV for 3 adults and 1 teen. We will be travelling from Leeds to London by train and stopping overmight in Gatwick the night before we leave (Premier Inn, really good value). The flights are direct, just over 10 hours. We looked at flying from Manchester but it worked out about £1500 to £2k more plus many were indirect flights so journey time was 17 to 19 hours in some cases . We may have got cheaper in the December sales but for various reasons we needed to book by November. I am happy with the price paid and am now busy booking hotels! (All of which I can cancel if I find them cheaper later).
Happy planning!
Where is Oakland?
Pref I would prefer direct but it does come down to price. The journey to a London airport does put me off but I may need to look at it...
I did get a flydrive price for 3A,1teen and 1 child for £3300 (£3500 for a SUV) but this is indirect.
Would like it booked as want to start planning
Old 24 Sep 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Where is Oakland?
Pref I would prefer direct but it does come down to price. The journey to a London airport does put me off but I may need to look at it...
I did get a flydrive price for 3A,1teen and 1 child for £3300 (£3500 for a SUV) but this is indirect.
Would like it booked as want to start planning
Hi, Oakland is just outside San Francisco, about 4 miles further away than the main airport. Tends to come inalittlebit cheaper.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Hi, Oakland is just outside San Francisco, about 4 miles further away than the main airport. Tends to come inalittlebit cheaper.
Does the cost of transfers negate the flight saving?
Old 24 Sep 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
CSIDi
slightly serious Dibber

We've booked with Thomas Cook, 2 adults, PE; MAN to SFO then JFK to MAN (we're having the last five nights in NYC) and it's cost £1611.96. These are direct flights and we travel from June 21 for three weeks.

Relax, unwind, get in a flip flop state of mind

CSIDi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Casey12
Proud to wear my Ears

We have just booked 2 adults direct man- San Francisco end July till for 3 weeks and it cost £380. Very happy Virgin using miles and money ( the taxes were higher with reward seats )
Casey12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Casey12 View Post
We have just booked 2 adults direct man- San Francisco end July till for 3 weeks and it cost £380. Very happy Virgin using miles and money ( the taxes were higher with reward seats )
I might give them a ring. I do have miles but Virgin always seem exp in comparison to others