Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 12 May 15, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

Well thanks!
I live within 2 minutes of the shop where it's being stored, it's very tempting to keep going and trying it on!

In other news we're actually going to Florida in September this year now! We are going for two weeks, one week stopping with a friend in Fort Lauderdale whilst I am doing work experience in a birth centre and a week at Art of Animation! We're going to do a site visit whilst we're there
Fleurlur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 15, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

We announced our wedding date and location on facebook today because it's our 3 year engagement anniversary, it received good feedback so far! No angry family members yet!
Fleurlur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 15, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fleurlur View Post
We announced our wedding date and location on facebook today because it's our 3 year engagement anniversary, it received good feedback so far! No angry family members yet!
Good news! I'm dreading telling some people eek! Xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 15, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
That's great news! And exciting that you are doing a site visit!

We didn't receive any kind of negativity when we told everyone we had booked. Both my parents and my OH's parents are coming (along with our siblings) but that's it. There's 11 of us in total, we're having an Escape wedding too!

Enjoy the planning - after over a year of planning, I can't believe ours is nearly here! It really has flown over.
Old 20 Jun 15, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

Thankyou, good luck with your wedding!

Some minor updates as really can't do much at the moment!
We've picked a reading for our ceremony called A Lovely Love Story by Edward Monkton. I just think it's so sweet and describes us two perfectly, plus it involves dinosaurs which is one of my DF's favourite things! This is it if you're not familar with it: itakeyou/wedding-id...vely-story.htm

I'm just not sure where it will go in the ceremony or who will read it?

Chosen some music as well. We always knew we were going to have the slow, tinkly piano bit from Welcome to Jurassic Park for when the guests are arriving/when DF walks down the aisle. So I downloaded and edited that into a continual loop.
Our first dance is going to be Your Love (Is Lifting me higher) by Jackie Wilson. That was a decision made a while ago.
I love Forever by Chris Brown just because I think the lyrics are so fitting "Feel like I've waited my whole life, for this one night, it's just me, you and the dancefloor" So I think we're going to use this for our introduction and first dance at our at home wedding reception?
Then I think I'm going to walk down the aisle to I See The Light from Tangled.

Finally, our wedding seems to be turning dinosaur themed haha so I've asked my brother, who is a very good artist, to draw me a little something up for the wedding stationery!

That's it really!
Old 20 Jun 15, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Oh it all sounds lovely , I think your dress is beautiful .
Old 18 Aug 15, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

Thankyou!

Sorry haven't reallu updated in a while but there isn't much to update on!

However we are going to view Sea Breeze Point (and maybe a sneaky look in the Wedding Pavilion if it's empty) in 3 weeks!
Old 26 Aug 15, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

So this is just a place for me to store ideas at the moment. Don't think anyone is reading along! But anyway,
Chris's dad passed away when Chris was 16, just 4 months after I met Chris and I never got to meet him however I have heard a lot about it. I know that one of things he always ate was crumbled polos, so much so that he was even buried with a pack.
ANYWAY my idea to honour him at the wedding was to have a chair with a reserved sign on it with a pack of open polos on with a few crumbled. Which Chris loves the idea of so we're going to do that.
Second idea is I've found some hair and make-up I love by Beaute Speciale so I apologise if this is you but I just want to post it somewhere!

Also I'm pretty set on having Root Photography and I will just have to save hard for them! I've been researching other photographers but I don't like any of them as much as the Roots!

Thats it for my update today! Please say hi if you're reading!
Old 26 Aug 15, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
hunny 247
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

i'm reading! really like the idea of the chair and polos a nice way to remember him :-)

love the hair style and have saved quite a few like it on my pinterest page... all dreams though as I dont think my hair will stay in a nice half up style - if there is even a spot of rain my hair just seems to get bigger and bigger!

looking forward to more updates after your visit

xx
Old 26 Aug 15, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

Thankyou for reading!
I'm hoping they can work some miracles and get mine to stop in curls, it prefers to be straight!
Just showing Chris some of the Root's work, try and get him excited! He's not too impressed about how much wedding photography costs,