Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 5 Sep 15, 03:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

I'm reading along! Love everything I've read. The weddings & honeymoon is my favourite section.

If I were planning my wedding today I too would have I see the light, Tangled is my favourite Disney film.

Your dress is really beautiful, well done for getting it half price.

An unusual reception venue, I have never been, looking forward to the photos.

The chair and polo mints for your DF Dad is a lovely thought and gesture.

Are you having bridesmaids?

Looking forward to the next update :wave

Wendy x
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

Thankyou everyone for reading along!

We got back from Florida this morning so I have been in a haze of jet lag all day and now I can't blimmin' sleep!

I will be back with photos of two wedding venue visits, a date change and a dress dilemma!
Fleurlur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
Are you having bridesmaids?
At the moment just one! Chris's sister is my maid of honour.
Fleurlur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

So first of all we had an amazing two weeks in Florida! The first week I was on an elective placement at a birth centre as I am a student midwife. We spent every evening going out for dinner and we went to the beach 3 times! The second week we drove up to Orlando and spent a week at All Star Movies Resort, we spent 5 days at the Disney parks and 2 days doing Universal and Islands of Adventure. During our time at Disney we visited two potential wedding venues. We were pretty sure we wanted Sea Breeze Point so we visited there and the Boardwalk during the day and again at sunset/evening. It was beautiful, I love the Boardwalk and I think it will make an awesome setting for our photos.

Towards the end of the trip I decided that we should go and see the Wedding Pavilion as it was a second choice in the back of my mind and I didn't want any regrets. The wedding pavilion is beautiful but we both had the same thought that we think it will just be too big for our small wedding and we both prefer SBP!

Pictures to follow in a separate post as they're still being transferred from our PC to my laptop.

Second update is that after being there in early September we experienced how hot and humid it is and oh my gosh it was unbearable at times. I can't imagine wearing a wedding dress in that heat! So after discussing it on the facebook group I really liked the idea that one of the girls has done (thanks Laura!) which was to get married on WDW's birthday so that all their special events for their birthdays coincided with our anniversary! Plus it will be slightly cooler and more bearable then. So we have a new wedding date of 1st October 2017 with holiday dates for our guests of 24/9/15 - 8/10/15.

Last update is I'm having major dress wobbles! When I last went and tried it on I didn't feel the same about it. And I have these two other dresses which are similar to each other just stuck in my head. They are Suzanne Neville Paradise and Suzanne Neville Chantilly. Now I know that I could never afford these dresses new as they are £3-4K. But before I bought my wedding dress I had found Chantilly on the site preloved being sold with a bolero and veil for £350 which I was going to try on. My car ended up breaking down so I didn't go and see it and now I am having major dress regret! So I was looking around again on preloved to find either of them preowned at a reasonable price. Now I couldn't find Paradise but I did find the same seller still selling her Chantilly dress at a new lower price of £250! So I am going to try that dress on next week hopefully some time just so I can see it. I'm also going to try on Paradise on Thursday just to get it out of my head. My current dress is brand new and I got it on sale so I think I could make my money back on it if I did decide to sell it.

Anyway sorry that was a wall of text, there will be pictures in my next post promise!
Old 15 Sep 15, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Well hello Charlotte
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

Well hello there Woz!
Old 16 Sep 15, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

How exciting that you got to do a work placement in Florida?!

That's lovely that you're both now happy with your choice of SBP It is a stunning venue!

Oh no poor you not being happy with your dress! Good luck with trying the other dress on this week! Let us know how it goes

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 15, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by DiddyDan View Post
How exciting that you got to do a work placement in Florida?!

That's lovely that you're both now happy with your choice of SBP It is a stunning venue!

Oh no poor you not being happy with your dress! Good luck with trying the other dress on this week! Let us know how it goes
Yes, very exciting! Hoping to move and work over there once I'm qualified!

Will definitely let you know how the dress shopping goes!

Your wedding is so close now, how exciting!
Old 17 Sep 15, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

Dress Shopping Part 2

So just to give you an idea of why I was in a dilemma, here is me in the dress I had already bought:

It looks huge because it's 2 sizes too big.

Anyway I went to go and try on Suzanne Neville's Paradise which is beautiful! But whilst I was there an Ian Stuart dress caught my eye so I tried that one on as well and WOW I felt amazing, nothing compares to how I feel in this dress! So at the end of October I shall be going to put the deposit down on this dress instead and now I need to try and sell my original dress.
Just look at it:

I love love LOVE it!
Old 18 Sep 15, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Hi, your body posture says it all! Your 1st dress is nice, however the 2nd dress transforms you. Good luck with your decision
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List