Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 May 16, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Blades 2016 day 1 (A very mixed day)

Right time for another one of my live trippies from this years holiday as its the first morning and up.

We started off with a good journey down to gatwick and stopped at the Hampton which was good value as I got mates rates and it does include a full hot breakfast buffet. Friday morning we used the valet parking at south terminal and the checked in which was very quick and the lady joked with us how light we travelled. Boarded flight slightly late but ominously from GATE 13. 2 of us were sat upstairs in the pe bubble and my wife & daughter downstairs in pe. Then the curse of gate 13 started we got stuck on the Tarmac which was no body's fault but we had to be towed out of a hole the jumbo had sank into. Flight was good and we really enjoyed our the seats and the abiance of the bubble. We landed smoothly and then the twighlight zone descended which is us customs, as we all jumped up to get off an announcement came and I must stress this was from the Orlando ground crew and not the virgin staff that we couldn't get off the plane for 40 mins as they were "busy". When we did get off we were put in a holding room and had to wait again to then wait to get in the ques for the normal immigration fiasco. I'll not dwell on immigration so on to the car which was painless because we had the skip the counter ticket so we went to the full size row and had the choice of anything even a massive pick up and Dodge Charger. We ended choosing a Toyota something or other as I can't remember it's name and missed the turn off for universal due to my Tom Tom saying one thing and my mind on another - I had the Feds on my tail and didn't know the speed limit. Check in at hrh was good and the room is something else we have got a kids suite on the 5th floor and it is huge. The kids have there own room which you get through from ours the bed is that big that you could get lost in it same with the bathroom and the general layout is just good (I was looking if Disney did a similar layout for next year but they don't ). Having dumped the bags we thought we would head to the studios to pick our tickets up as we want to do the early Harry Potter stuff this morning this is when the curse of GATE 13 struck again the people at the bag check area wouldn't let my 15 year old daughter because she had a t shirt on from the tv show "jackass" I walked straight through and didn't know that she had been stopped until I turned around and the lady stopped her this where my "do you want tourists anymore" rant surfaced so needless to say she got in. Picking the tickets up took ages due to loads of American families been indecisive and then we couldn't get any food so we ended up at the NBC and had a fab meal as when I explained our wows to our server he looked after us brilliantly and earned the nice tip I left him. Today is Harry Potter and then were retreating to the pool as the Americans are on a holiday weekend and we all know what they are like on "Thier holiday" - right the gym is open know so time for a work so any live questions fire them though as were at the hrh all week
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 16, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
ukman
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Have a great time
ukman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Could you please explain what you mean by "Their" holidays and you could perhaps enlighten us with all the short cuts that you know.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leading Seaman View Post
Could you please explain what you mean by "Their" holidays and you could perhaps enlighten us with all the short cuts that you know.
Some of the locals don't get many holidays so when they get an extra long weekend they really go for it at a 100mph - like anything it's the minority you notice (like the minority of whinging brits etc) - watch out when they have more than 2 beers at the side of the pool now that is funny (lots of comments have been passed about this at the HRH).

Shorts cuts have all been found on here e.g. Alamo, not going on the second bag drop, we don't go to the beaches as we've been a few times and the last time it was spring break at St Petes and it wasn't that nice. We generally do the parks first thing and then back to the pool for the afternoon - I think undercover tourist or one of the other sides has a really good article on how to tackle universal
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List