General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 29 Apr 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Sorry you had such a bad time with security. I almost wish Poot had said the Franklin quote!

Any idea what's the youngest age you can run for President? Poot sounds like he'd do a better job than some...!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post

When all this ridiculousness started under Bush fils, I was saddened, but not surprised. But what REALLY rather broke my heart was how the Obama administration carried it forward - look at the (armed camp that is the) US Embassy in London.

Do you know (as a citizen) I can't even walk in the door there anymore? WHAT?

Do I think all this will get better with the current administration? No. But I don't really think it can get worse, either.

You have to be 40 to be president - just 30 more years to wait.

Well, this is a happy post, isn't it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

More places of interest for my ever growing to do list - thank you.

Not looking forward to rude security people.
1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by miss_bell View Post
More places of interest for my ever growing to do list - thank you.

Not looking forward to rude security people.
That sort of thing really bothers me - I know some people don't even notice it. I hope that you are in the second group!

It's very sad to think that since I wrote this trippie, more attacks here in Europe have brought our security protocols much more in line with those in D.C. I am deeply distressed to see how easily people accept this as the new normal.

Thanks for sticking with us -
Old 31 Jul 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
i just don't understand why people behave in such a rude fashion. I'm so sorry, it also then affects the rest of your your day, especially after the 'sock' incident. How the management let them get away with it is beyond me. 😱

The Ruby Slippers and Abe Lincoln's top hat are such a highlight! I would totally vote for Poot 😊 Brussels Sprouts are the worst as are taxes on booked! He's a clever kid!

You totally deserved those pot stickers after the day you had 😋
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
i just don't understand why people behave in such a rude fashion. I'm so sorry, it also then affects the rest of your your day, especially after the 'sock' incident. How the management let them get away with it is beyond me. 😱

The Ruby Slippers and Abe Lincoln's top hat are such a highlight! I would totally vote for Poot 😊 Brussels Sprouts are the worst as are taxes on booked! He's a clever kid!

You totally deserved those pot stickers after the day you had 😋

I felt like such a broken record typing this day after day - but the little Hitlerism really, REALLY affected my experience of D.C. Why are people so eager to strip others of their dignity?

It breaks my heart that folks are so willing to accept this as the "new normal". Rather than treat the disease, we just put on fifty pairs of latex gloves!

...climbing down off soapbox now...

And sadly, I ALWAYS feel like I "deserve" potstickers. I should work on feeling like I deserve KALE. But obviously not Brussels sprouts - I'm not MAD after all!

Actually, R.C. LOVES sprouts. But I only make them at Christmas - because I swear they stink up the kitchen. Even ROASTED ones.
Old 1 Aug 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
I felt like such a broken record typing this day after day - but the little Hitlerism really, REALLY affected my experience of D.C. Why are people so eager to strip others of their dignity?

It breaks my heart that folks are so willing to accept this as the "new normal". Rather than treat the disease, we just put on fifty pairs of latex gloves!

...climbing down off soapbox now...

And sadly, I ALWAYS feel like I "deserve" potstickers. I should work on feeling like I deserve KALE. But obviously not Brussels sprouts - I'm not MAD after all!

Actually, R.C. LOVES sprouts. But I only make them at Christmas - because I swear they stink up the kitchen. Even ROASTED ones.
I think it all comes back to morals and the oldie but goodie 'treat others how you wish to be treated'. I can only hope that they find themselves in a similar situation and it brings them some clarity... I am not holding my breath

Potstickers are delicious and they are steamed so they are quite obviously healthy Kale is gross and has a weird 'mouthfeel', best for rabbits and guinea pigs I think same goes for Brussel Sprouts!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post

I think it all comes back to morals and the oldie but goodie 'treat others how you wish to be treated'. I can only hope that they find themselves in a similar situation and it brings them some clarity... I am not holding my breath

Potstickers are delicious and they are steamed so they are quite obviously healthy Kale is gross and has a weird 'mouthfeel', best for rabbits and guinea pigs I think same goes for Brussel Sprouts!

Michelle, if I was handing out prizes for Dibbing - you'd win - for namechecking "mouthfeel".

And no - I won't be holding my breath, either.
Old 2 Aug 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Michelle, if I was handing out prizes for Dibbing - you'd win - for namechecking "mouthfeel".

(
I feel honoured
Old 2 Aug 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post

I feel honoured
I'm sure.